Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

If allowed in your State, County, City...Would you go back to church, restaurants, bowling, hair salon...pick your activity.

Yes
No.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 5911 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »

Most people can remember back to this past April.

Well, when I studied history, a minimum of 60 years had to pass to actually be considered history.  It gave people time to reflect and study and consider actions and not be swept up in the emotions and feelings of the moment -- perspective you know versus something like hysteria.

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2020, 12:30:45 AM »

Yes.  You come in contact with a lot of kids under 6 on a day to day basis, work, shopping, socializing?

Do you feel if kids under 6 were the ones dying we wouldn't have a stay at home order?

Sorry but this blows my mind that one would think if the kids were the ones dying from the virus, we wouldn't have a stay at home order.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2020, 01:40:56 AM »

History: "the whole of time before the present, and all things that happened in that time"
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2020, 06:33:44 AM »

History: "the whole of time before the present, and all things that happened in that time"

Guess it is the difference between a defintion and serious study of the subject.  But definitions do have to simplify things for people, so I can see that.

triplebq

« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »

You did not answer my question.

Yes.  You come in contact with a lot of kids under 6 on a day to day basis, work, shopping, socializing?

Do you feel if kids under 6 were the ones dying we wouldn't have a stay at home order?

Sorry but this blows my mind that one would think if the kids were the ones dying from the virus, we wouldn't have a stay at home order.

Sorry but my response is as stated. Me being in contact with kids daily doesn't change my thought at all.

CaptJerry

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »

I have a question I am perplexed by and will try not to be too long winded.
I keep hearing about lack of testing.
I live in the Ozarks of rural Arkansas.
There are two drive through testing sites, one 15 minutes from me, one 45 minutes from me.
Friday May 1st, I drove past the one 45 minutes from me, a nurse was sitting at a table, no cars in lot.
Due to my line of work, and having been in and out of downtown New Orleans twice since March, I have
been distancing myself from friends that I normally check in on (elderly) when at home, and feel guilty about it.

So when I passed back by the testing place on my way home, nurse was at table, no cars in lot, I stopped.
I asked is this for anyone or do I have to be referred by Dr.? She says no it's for anyone. Asked if I am having any symptoms.
I say no, but am concerned due to being in and out of New Orleans and around a lot of people. I would like to be tested.

A minute later a Dr. comes out, asks me pretty much what I had already stated, I get swabbed. (OUCH!)
Monday morning I get a call, I am negative for Covid, Pneumonia, Flu and a couple other things.

Where is this lack of testing?
Or is it people not taking the initiative to be tested?
As I said, I'm perplexed.
And this is only one thing that disturbs me on this whole "pandemic".

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

In Virginia, at present, you have to go to a doctor to be tested and I understand that you either have to present with symptoms or have some other reason (like your N. O. trip) in order for doc to test because we still face a "rationing" of tests.  May have something to do with our population size, I am not sure.

They also had problems in the state getting the lab results -- took a long time, got backed up, etc.  They still have folks in the hospital presumably suffering from COVID-19 and are waiting for their test results.  I don't know why there is a difference from state to state.

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »

Same thing here in Manhattan or Topeka KS.
Symptoms or they won't test, that was as of this morning?

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »

I am sorry, but if the picture in the link below is accurate as to how far into your nasal cavity they have to swab, I ain't getting tested unless a need arises.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus-testing.html
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

triplebq

« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »

You don't want to answer the question, that is fine.

I did answer your question. I'm in contact with my kids daily. This is what I wrote

"Sorry but my response is as stated. Me being in contact with kids daily doesn't change my thought at all."

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2020, 04:49:41 PM »

I am sorry, but if the picture in the link below is accurate as to how far into your nasal cavity they have to swab, I ain't getting tested unless a need arises.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus-testing.html
The new tests now available or soon to be only require saliva.  And are said to be reliable.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »

Do the tests which say if you are positive also indicate whether you have had it in the past -- i.e. you would not test positive for an active case but you would show you have had it?  I would be more interested in knowing if I have had it - because if I have, it was a sleeper virus for sure.

CaptJerry

• Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2020, 05:45:14 PM »

The test I took does not tell you if you have had it.
And the picture does not do the what it feels like justice  :D
Felt like they were hitting my brain and have to hold it there.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »

The President will be within 10 miles of my house on Thursday to visit a medical equipment distributor.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

W6YJ

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »

I was tested using a nasal swab for RT-PCR. The picture seems off. The swab is around 6 or 7 inches long. They made me tilt my head as far back as I could and then they inserted it all the way through my nasal cavity and into the upper part of my throat. Then while rotating it, they slowly removed it.

Not really painful, but definitely made me uncomfortable.

In my case, the results came back negative, but I am still fighting the symptoms.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up