Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

If allowed in your State, County, City...Would you go back to church, restaurants, bowling, hair salon...pick your activity.

Yes
No.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 5913 times)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2020, 08:42:02 PM »

Get tested and walk away with good faith that the test will protect you now and forever...or maybe you will get infected 10 minutes later...lot of good that test did. ::)

Yeah, that's the rub.  Get the test, find that you are COVID-19 negative and get exposed before you arrive at home.  That's why everyone should wear a mask.  For no other reason than being courteous.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2020, 08:49:33 PM »

I'm currently wine impaired, but I don't know what to make of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqgus2R55XA
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 09:04:10 PM »

Look her up on snopes.com

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »

The mind boggles.
Paul

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »

Get tested and walk away with good faith that the test will protect you now and forever...or maybe you will get infected 10 minutes later...lot of good that test did. ::)

Yeah, that's the rub.  Get the test, find that you are COVID-19 negative and get exposed before you arrive at home.  That's why everyone should wear a mask.  For no other reason than being courteous.

Your mask weakens your immune system.  People need exposed to a lot of things to remain strong.  This lock down and measures are going to put a whole lot of people into risk category they would not normally be in when they emerge from the bunkers.  Virologists that warn of this are being shut down by media and big tech.  If you are vulnerable and in the category, I agree 100%...but not for healthy people, it weakens everyone vs. protects those that need to be.  I wish you well, I have gathered your age from posts.

ICIdaho

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2020, 10:57:13 PM »

Snopes is not always reliable either.  The political leanings of the owners are well documented and the sources they pull from can be agenda driven.  The amount of false information that has to be weeded through to be informed is the problem with our world.  Politics should not be allowed to have any bearing on medical/scientific communities.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:10:36 PM by ICIdaho »

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2020, 03:10:01 AM »

Millions of folks no longer have jobs or insurance. They have lost their homes. My 401K has been decimated as has millions of others. How many would rather 'take their chances' as opposed to the unconstitutional restrictions being enforced on the people?

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2020, 07:18:36 AM »

Snopes is not always reliable either.  The political leanings of the owners are well documented and the sources they pull from can be agenda driven.  The amount of false information that has to be weeded through to be informed is the problem with our world.  Politics should not be allowed to have any bearing on medical/scientific communities.

I understand that. I just think people should gather info from all types of sources and make up their own minds. That is why I did not take down the video as facebook has done. But I am also going to direct folks to alternative views if I know of them.  There are many other articles on her which predate COVID-19, so she is not a recently controversial figure.  And it gives pause as to who and why she is now being promoted.

As an attorney in practice in Los Angeles and Las Vegas for 30 years, there are parts of her legal journey I don't find credible - and yes, I have seen hundreds lie and exaggerate their legal experiences for effect or because they are "victims" or becuase they have a fear of the legal system and really don't understand how it works.  I have also experienced folks who I did pro bono work for who claimed they never did it and were framed when the evidence was clearly contrary.  But I am not here to silence the woman or to make anyone believe my point of view.  Again, folks should research and then try and come to their own conclusions. 

But I would urge everyone to remember that all "sides" seem to have an agenda they wish to promote and will utilize all sources to do it whether those sources are completely accurate or not, and I include the gov't and their experts in that statement. That is why we all need to do our own research, draw our own conclusions and then chart the path which is best for us while not deliberately infecting others.

slaga

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 11:33:51 AM »

ok I have a question, one I think we've danced around.  I feel comfortable posting here whereas not on social media. 

Stay at home and save lives.

OK does that imply I have a moral and civic obligation to do my best at social distancing?   Sure.  Does that mean if I unknowingly contract COVID and accidentally and unknowingly infect others that I am morally and maybe even legally responsible for their infection and potential death?

Honestly I don't think so.  I am not killing those potentially impacted folks, COVID is.   

Does that resonate with anyone else?  Assuming I am doing the best I can (or at least making an effort) during these unprecedented times?

This question kind of struck me yesterday. It kind of depends on your definition of "responsible". Typhoid Mary was an asymptomatic carrier of Typhoid fever and is believed to have infected about 50 people, 5 of which died. Although she was never sued by anyone, she was forcibly quarantined for the better part of 3 decades. She was a cook and whenever someone fell ill with typhoid fever where she worked, she would quit without a forwarding address and begin a new job elsewhere. Was she responsible for their deaths, unknowingly or not? I am pretty sure the family members of those 5 people who died would feel she was responsible.

My understanding of COVID19 is that even if you fall ill, you are contagious for possibly up to a couple weeks before you start showing symptoms. Most of the people in the 20-50 year old range, go through it not knowing they even had it. That is the scary part to me. How easy it spreads because of the number of people that do not even know they are carriers. Unless you have underlying causes, (60+ years old, heart/lung disease, diabetes, obese, etc.), I don't think it is nearly as bad as initially thought for the average person. But it can be much more severe for those with certain pre-existing conditions. At least that is what I have gathered from reading about COVID19.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

ICIdaho

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2020, 01:23:54 PM »

Kristin

There are many other articles on her which predate COVID-19, so she is not a recently controversial figure.  And it gives pause as to who and why she is now being promoted.

I believe she has a book coming out, and that is why she has resurfaced.  I do not know much about her other than she has had some controversial issues surrounding her.  I think the overall take from the video I saw her in has nothing to do with her, but rather the doctors that dissent from the status quo of today's thinking are are being silenced.  Science should never stop discussing and looking for alternative views and studying them.  It also throws some legitimate shade on Fauci's dealings.  I have never trusted life long bureaucrats and do not think any un-elected official should influence public policy to the degree that has occured.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:25:51 PM by ICIdaho »

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2020, 02:35:32 PM »

I'm currently wine impaired, but I don't know what to make of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqgus2R55XA
Saw that yesterday. It was removed from YouTube and then popped up again.  I don't know quite how to respond.  Will have to do some sleuthing on her. Very disturbing at the least. I'll bet one of the reasons the House wanted to get Fauci in for questioning was to broadside him with this?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2020, 08:29:31 PM »

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday that a survey showed that a "shocking" two-thirds of patients recently hospitalized for coronavirus became infected despite largely staying at home.

Hospitals were asked to document where their most recent COVID-19 patients had been staying before admission, Cuomo said, and 66 percent came from their own homes.

About 18 percent came from nursing homes, 4 percent from assisted-living facilities, 2 percent were homeless, 2 percent had been at other "congregate" settings, fewer than 1 percent were prison or jail inmates, and 8 percent were classified as "other."

"This is a surprise," the governor told reporters at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research in Manhasset, New York. "Sixty-six percent of the people were at home, which is shocking to us."

The data came from 113 hospitals reporting information on patients being treated over three recent days, according to state health officials.

"They're not working; they're not traveling," Cuomo said of these recently hospitalized coronavirus patients. "We were thinking that maybe we were going to find a higher percent of essential employees who were getting sick because they were going to work — that these may be nurses, doctors, transit workers. That's not the case. They were predominantly at home."

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2020, 09:21:52 AM »

ok I have a question, one I think we've danced around.  I feel comfortable posting here whereas not on social media. 

Stay at home and save lives.

OK does that imply I have a moral and civic obligation to do my best at social distancing?   Sure. 

(A) Does that mean if I unknowingly contract COVID and accidentally and unknowingly infect others that I am morally and maybe even legally responsible for their infection and potential death?

Honestly I don't think so.  (B) I am not killing those potentially impacted folks, COVID is.   

Does that resonate with anyone else?  Assuming I am doing the best I can (or at least making an effort) during these unprecedented times?

(A) If you suffer a health issue while driving and accidentally and unknowingly injure someone, are you responsible?  Sure.  Who else could be considered responsible?  Legally responsible?  As in a lawsuit?  I don't know of a precedent.

(B) A novel defense.  "I didn't kill him, the bullet did."

Pellet Fan and friendly debates are my two favorite pastimes.  This thread lets me combine the two.  Yay!   ;D
Paul

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »

I do not think you are responsible if you are driving and have a medical emergency and injure someone, I asked because of my defibrillator and both my doctor and attorney said no.
It was not due to my negligence, therefore it would be a long uphill climb for someone to hold me liable.
Not sure if it is 100% but it is what I was told from 2 professions that I think would have some knowledge in that regard.
I should clarify, I was not in an accident, I was just trying to get information in case it ever was the cause of something like that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:22:19 PM by yorkdude »

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »

I was a coverage attorney for 30 years in California.  If you drive drunk and kill someone, it is still an "accident" under your auto policy.  The reasoning -- yeah, you intended to drink, you did not intend to kill.  Did not agree with the reasoning, but it was the legal standard I had to live with and advise clients by.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up