Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Jul 2020
  • https://www.culvers.com/stories/food-cravings/the-art-of-a-great-butterburger

Bentley, unfortunately, it looks like you have to drive to Wake Forest to get one of these.  None in my area either.  Used to eat them when I lived in the Chicagoland area.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #17 by smokin soon on 11 Jul 2020
  • My introduction to low and slow burgers was purely accidental. My Treager's burn pot had developed a a few extra holes and would not get over 250. Just let them go until done. Very nice smoke flavor and juicy.
  • #18 by jdmessner on 11 Jul 2020

• Here's what we had yesterday at the local Freddy's Steakburgers.  Commercial pics are very accurate to what we got.  Except they don't blot them, so they are still juicy and drippy.  Great fries.  Please note the crisped edges of the meat.  If you have one of these places locally, you might give it a try.  Thin patties bigger than the bun, and crisped at the edges.  First pic is the "Old Fashioned" (mustard, onion and pickle) and the second is the California style (mayo, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, and large single slice of Vidalia Onion). 

I can make better at home but this is easier.

I have seen a lot of Culver's around but never heard of Freddy's. I see there is one not too far from my mom's so I will have to check it out on my next visit! Thanks for the heads up!!

• #19 by Bentley on 11 Jul 2020
  • Our ButterBurgers® are made with our special blend of three cuts of beef: sirloin, chuck and plate.

Tells me all I need to know.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Jul 2020
  • Our ButterBurgers® are made with our special blend of three cuts of beef: sirloin, chuck and plate.

Is that good or bad?
  • #21 by Brushpopper on 11 Jul 2020
  • We've eaten at Freddy's.  They do make a good burger for a store bought one.
  • #22 by pmillen on 11 Jul 2020

• This may be Bentley's G550.  It wasn't one the ground long.  He didn't call.
  • #23 by ylr on 12 Jul 2020
  • We have both a Freddy's and Culvers here, I prefer Freddy's, though both are outclassed by the GD Ritzys that are still operational here.
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Jul 2020
  • We have both a Freddy's and Culvers here, I prefer Freddy's, though both are outclassed by the GD Ritzys that are still operational here.

Where?
  • #25 by Bentley on 12 Jul 2020
  • I do not think you could have a better blend of cuts for a patty.

Our ButterBurgers® are made with our special blend of three cuts of beef: sirloin, chuck and plate.

Is that good or bad?

Paul, I am not sure I have every screwed over a thread more then this one!
  • #26 by Bentley on 12 Jul 2020
  • It is time to seriously start thinking of leaving Mayberry!  Dead serious!

We have both a Freddy's and Culvers here, I prefer Freddy's, though both are outclassed by the GD Ritzys that are still operational here.
  • #27 by Brushpopper on 12 Jul 2020

We have both a Freddy's and Culvers here, I prefer Freddy's, though both are outclassed by the GD Ritzys that are still operational here.

It's a chilly 101 in the shade with about 70+% humidity here, but we have several Whataburgers and at least one Freddy's in San Antonio.
  • #28 by yorkdude on 12 Jul 2020
  • Bentley, google Cozy Inn. If you like seasoned griddled smash burgers they are hard, awfully hard to beat. Very interesting history, unfortunately I think they are going to close as a result of the current situation. The one that we go to is in Aggieville. Right across the road from K State.
  • #29 by ylr on 12 Jul 2020

Where?

Owensboro, Ky. Once upon a time, we had more fast food places per capita than anywhere in the US, not sure if that's true now.
  • #30 by Darwin on 13 Jul 2020

It's a chilly 101 in the shade with about 70+% humidity here, but we have several Whataburgers and at least one Freddy's in San Antonio.

Whataburger with green chili!  Yumm.  In-N-Out Burger is my favorite, not a fan of the other chains.
Pages:
Actions