Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 27 Sep 2020
  • This was store bought panko & bread crumbs, with a flour coating then a egg/buttermilk wash.  It truly is a shame that I did not leave the 1st 3 in long enough.  Mine was great, but I cooked it twice as long as theirs!
  • #17 by SmokinHandyman on 27 Sep 2020
  • This was store bought panko & bread crumbs, with a flour coating then a egg/buttermilk wash.  It truly is a shame that I did not leave the 1st 3 in long enough.  Mine was great, but I cooked it twice as long as theirs!

I just would not have told them yours was better.
    Did you deep fry them?
  • #18 by Bentley on 27 Sep 2020
  • Yes, deep fried.
  • #19 by Clonesmoker on 28 Sep 2020
  • Yeah, I am a mayo person so that is a no brainer for me.  Will probably go with the onions, and maybe some of my homemade sweet relish too. 

The breading is always the hardest for me.  I am thinking I may brine tonight, then try and tenderize and bread tomorrow, so I can freeze and have them ready to go for tomorrow evening when we get back from Dullas after picking up my oldest sister and BIL.

Clonesmoker, how do you turn a 5 inch cutlet into something that wide?  I mean I can run through tenderizer and then pound out, I just do not think I can get it that wide!

I cheat a little and use a slightly bigger piece. Kinda like being a blacksmith, but instead of moving metal, I move meat. Just a lot of pounding! Shaping it into a circle just takes time and patience. Did you marinate in buttermilk?
  • #20 by Bentley on 28 Sep 2020
  • No, I just brined them.
  • #21 by jeff_in_md on 06 Oct 2020
  • I was always under the impression this sandwich was made from the loin, now I am coming to see it is called a tenderloin.  So not sure.  I have both, it just seems like the tenderloin is such a small diameter.  I was thinking that maybe the tenderloin was cut very thick, then butterflied, then pounded out.  I will probably use the loin as it is bigger, and once I pass it through the Sportsman Meat Tenderizer and pound out it should be good.

I am just now thawing the loin for dinner tomorrow night so I don't have any photos except some stock one.  I pretty much know what condiment and topping go on an "original", but was curious what you members though might taste good?

If you have never had one, it is  loin cutlet, beaten thing, battered, dredged, seasoned...take your pick and then deep fried and served on a ? bun...

Will try and add some pictures tomorrow!

Ladies and Genite, I grew up in the great state of Indiana and a Hoosier Pork Tenderloin Sandwich is just about as close to God as you can get.   I am happy to see that there are so many  fans, not surprising actualy.   Eat them up!
  • #22 by Clonesmoker on 06 Oct 2020
  • I think people tend to think every type of a breaded pork sandwich that stick out >3" on each side of the sandwich is a breaded tenderloin. The a lot thinner than the normal breaded tenderloin and are called pork fritters and also are not made with pork loin. A lot of convenience stores sell these type. 
  • #23 by urnmor on 06 Oct 2020
  • They certainly look very tasty
Pages:
Actions