Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: The Burger Thread  (Read 33398 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: The Burger Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2021, 03:38:08 PM »

Had a regular Whataburger last night, a double wasn't that impressed it wasn't a bad burger. It was as close to a Fresno Lester Burger in the 60s as I've ever come across in the last 50 years. But we just had their green chili and bacon burger today and it was a fine Burger it was the hottest hamburger I've ever gotten almost so hot you couldn't eat it without letting it cool. But it leads me to believe I will be planting a lot more Anaheim for next year cuz that's just a great burger to have at home.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2021, 10:52:26 PM »

I would rather pay for a Whataburger green chili cheeseburger than have to eat a free Freddie super thin crispy burger.   A medium rare 8oz grilled burger is my go to. 

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2021, 09:24:08 AM »

I would rather pay for a Whataburger green chili cheeseburger than have to eat a free Freddie super thin crispy burger.   A medium rare 8oz grilled burger is my go to. 

Same here.  I get the regular double meat hamburger with jalapenos and all the regular fixings but no cheese.  Since I can't eat the bread, I use the patties on the outside to hold it together.  Thirty years ago I got some strange looks if we ate in the restaurant.  I can get them without the buns but they taste different for some reason.  And the outside dog likes the buns with her supper.  Now I want one for lunch.  :lick:
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »

Blake's Lotaburger is a must for me when I am in New Mexico.  It's still fast food, but my orders are always cooked to order and they have good green chili.  The Habit Burger Grill is a step above fast food quality and they also do a good job. I also like Fuddruckers when I am near one.
My opinions only...

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »

I was in Phoenix for the last five days and there was a Freddy's within walking distance of our Hotel.
Due to circumstances we were were unable to get there.
When you visit family, plans to eat at certain restaurants get changed.  :'(

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:32:23 AM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2021, 06:08:21 PM »

Lotaburger, that is the one I was thinking about and though it was Whataburger.  I had a Lotaburger in Gallup in 2003 I think.  Not sure I am remembering correctly, but it seems to be a giant patty type burger.  That was the 1st place I think I ever saw a green chili burger offered!

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2021, 11:27:00 PM »

Blake's Lotaburger is a must for me when I am in New Mexico.  It's still fast food, but my orders are always cooked to order and they have good green chili.  The Habit Burger Grill is a step above fast food quality and they also do a good job. I also like Fuddruckers when I am near one.
My opinions only...

Try the elk burger at Fuddruckers. It's pretty tasty.

The Habit is a chain that originated in Santa Barbara California. I am not sure how far it has spread, but it is quickly expanding in Southern California.

Some of the best burgers are pub burgers. One of the best burgers I have eaten was at a pub near the sand in Manhattan Beach. We used to stop there at night after playing beach volleyball.

When I am just looking for a good, easy burger meal, I go for In 'N Out. Because, that's what a hamburger's all about.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:29:09 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2021, 11:36:26 AM »

We have Blake's Lottaburger a few miles from our house.
I always get the Green Chili Burger.

Fuddruckers is another place I didn't get to go to when in AZ. It was near the hotel too.
Darn relatives.  ;D
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2021, 04:14:14 PM »

I just had another one of those hatch chili burgers at Buffalo Wild Wings.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2021, 05:15:54 PM »

Fuddruckers is another place I didn't get to go to when in AZ. It was near the hotel too.
Darn relatives.  ;D

I would go to Arizona every year to shoot in their State Field Archery Championships. I would stay at the a place in the Superstition Springs Center with a Fuddruckers next door. It was off US60 near Mesa. I would walk over to the Fuddruckers for meals. Is this the same place you stayed?

I have a Fuddruckers near my house. I have not indoor dined in awhile. I hope it is still in business. It went out of business for a few years when Fuddruckers was rebranding itself. It used to have a warehouse motif with cases of food stored throughout the restaurant.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:17:37 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2021, 05:34:22 PM »

Darn relatives.  ;D

I would go to Arizona every year to shoot in their State Field Archery Championships. I would stay at the a place in the Superstition Springs Center with a Fuddruckers next door. It was off US60 near Mesa. I would walk over to the Fuddruckers for meals. Is this the same place you stayed?

I have a Fuddruckers near my house. I have not indoor dined in awhile. I hope it is still in business. It went out of business for a few years when Fuddruckers was rebranding itself. It used to have a warehouse motif with cases of food stored throughout the restaurant.

Closest one here is about 10 miles away in Albuquerque, and would take 20-30 minutes to get to.
If I was in the area at lunch time I would definitely stop in, but not going to drive there specifically.
Back in my working days when I lived in Denver, Fuddruckers is one of the places we would frequent for lunch.
Have a 5-Guys and a Blake's Lottaburger, both less than 2 miles if I want a burger.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »

I am wondering, am I the only person here that does not eat cheese on their hamburger?

...without either begin allergic to milk products or lactose intolerant
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:21:44 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2021, 08:13:07 PM »

No reason to have a burger if I can't have cheese on it.  For me, that would be like seeing Kiss do an acoustic concert, why go!

W6YJ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2021, 08:15:10 PM »

Seeing Fuddruckers mentioned, I realized that I haven't seen one around here (north San Diego county). I went to their website and the closest one on is up in the San Francisco area. There used to be one a few miles from my place. Only three left in all of California. Sigh...

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2021, 08:23:50 PM »

No reason to have a burger if I can't have cheese on it.  For me, that would be like seeing Kiss do an acoustic concert, why go!

Power chords don't sound right unless you are playing an electric guitar with the distortion turned up. I've tried on an acoustic guitar. Still, Kiss unplugged sounds intriguing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up