Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 09 Aug 2021
  • Unemployment numbers dropped by one today as I hired a new Sous Chef.  She applied for the position out of complete boredom.  She was put through a few test to include her ability to use knives without bleeding all over the fresh vegetables and her unique ability to always tell the Chef his food was out of this world.   Of course the fact that she is the Granddaughter of the owners had absolutely no influence in her being hired.   Her name is Zoey Wiese and is nine years old. She hails from New Jersey however came to visit her grandparents to escape the her younger brother (I made that up) She really came to be spoiled by her Grandmother.  (Grandfathers do not spoil their grandchildren) right.
  • #2 by dk117 on 10 Aug 2021
  • I love it!  My daughters turn 18 in September and 15 in October.  I'm not a baker but started them with baking and they've expanded ... mostly to Asian food (blame K-pop).  It's been a fun ride and I can safely say they won't starve when they head out on their own.  Looks like Zoey is well on her way!

DK
  • #3 by Canadian John on 10 Aug 2021
  •  Looks like a good hire: appears to know her way around the kitchen. Lucky you!
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Aug 2021
  • Good help is always so hard to find.  Sounds like you all hit the jackpot!!!!
  • #5 by Bentley on 13 Aug 2021
  • How are her knife skills? 
  • #6 by urnmor on 13 Aug 2021

I would have to say her knife skills are very good especially since she did not cut herself however needs to be faster :clap: :clap: :cool: :)
  • #7 by Brushpopper on 14 Aug 2021

I would have to say her knife skills are very good especially since she did not cut herself however needs to be faster :clap: :clap: :cool: :)

As someone who doesn't have the best knife skills, slow and steady are better than fast and bleeding.  Just have her start earlier.  She will improve with time and confidence.
Pages:
Actions