Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2021...  (Read 1125 times)

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Thanksgiving 2021...
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 01:34:29 PM »

I'm really happy with the results this year.  A mess of a brine liquid, this year with one gallon of apple cider in each batch.  Not sure if that was it, but this was my best result ever.  7 hours for the legs (starting at 225 moving up to 270 to finish).  Three hours later started the bone in breast.  180 plus for legs, 160 for breast.  The skin even came out crispy this year!

DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »

Eighteen hour brine then stuffed with sage, thyme rosemary, celery, lemon, lime, orange, carrots and onion.  Put a mix of rosemary, thyme and sage in butter and put under the skin. Light coat of canola oil then added a mix of Weber beer can chicken seasoning and McCormick roasted herb chicken seasoning.  Put on at Midnight at 225 and at 5 am started to brush with butter. Had to pull it off at 8:30 as we had a two hour drive to my family's house. It was right at 160 in the thigh and breast. Came up with a way to transfer in a cooler without it getting soggy on the bottom. Once at my family's house, snuck it in the oven for 10 minutes just to get the skin crisped the way it was when I pulled it off the DB.  Really tasty bird! Got a lot of compliments on the flavors.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 03:07:45 PM »

There are some great looking smoked turkeys in here. Almost makes me want to do one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up