Pages:
Actions
  • #361 by glitchy on 08 Mar 2018
  • I suddenly crave smoked meatloaf  8) Thanks!
  • #362 by okie smokie on 08 Mar 2018
  • Oh, that is one fine meal, although I am a mashed potato and gravy guy!
    You still have to bake it (or boil)before you mash it.
  • #363 by Bentley on 10 Mar 2018
  • Fine lookin Bierock!  Never heard them called Runza...Was a fan favorite at my HS cafeteria!
  • #364 by glitchy on 10 Mar 2018
  • Those look amazing gtsum2! Is that a recipe you’d share? Nothing extravagant here, but most likely the farewell cook for the Traeger:
  • #365 by Sodaking27 on 11 Mar 2018
  • First time making bierocks (Runza’s from where I am from). Turned out quite good :bbq:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will definitely be giving these a try. Just printed the recipe.
  • #366 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Mar 2018
  • Fine lookin Bierock!  Never heard them called Runza...Was a fan favorite at my HS cafeteria!

Runza is a chain restaurant in Nebraska that makes these...Cornhusker football and Runza's.....match made in heaven! :clap:

What state did you go to HS?  I normally only see these in the Midwest...most folks out here on the right coast have no idea what they are

Turner Gill and Jarvis Redwine probably ate them before games...two of my all-time favorite college players.
  • #367 by Bentley on 11 Mar 2018
  • Central Valley of California.

What state did you go to HS?
  • #368 by Goosehunter51 on 11 Mar 2018
  • Central Valley of California.

What state did you go to HS?

Now I know you are smart.
  • #369 by Goosehunter51 on 11 Mar 2018
  • #370 by Bentley on 11 Mar 2018
  • #371 by Bentley on 17 Mar 2018
  • Yeah, it is probably not a a good plan for those that do the entire cook on the pit, or who just foil at the end.  It works for me, cuz I just judge when the bark is where I want and know it will mellow out in the pan for the rest of the cook.
  • #372 by glitchy on 17 Mar 2018
  • A few of the results from the new pit this weekend.
  • #373 by Canadian John on 17 Mar 2018

•  Outstanding photos.
  • #374 by Canadian John on 18 Mar 2018
  •  My kind of ribs:cooked, not falling off the bone..Bet they were moist too.
  • #375 by Bentley on 18 Mar 2018
  • These were just before going into pans with Gatorade and foil.  I have no idea how much molasses you are using, mine is a very light coat, maybe 1/4cup (3 Tbs) per butt.  Color is probably not the correct term either, I am truly looking for bark, just a hard outer piece of meat!

It is almost like the molasses hindered the smoke penetration.  How long after coming out of the cooker was the pulled picture taken?

Yeah, it is probably not a a good plan for those that do the entire cook on the pit, or who just foil at the end.  It works for me, cuz I just judge when the bark is where I want and know it will mellow out in the pan for the rest of the cook.

Good point. These went until about 190 and then into a pan since it was an overnight cook. I’ll try again but pan earlier maybe?

Pages:
Actions