Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for ribs  (Read 2171 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Time for ribs
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2023, 10:44:50 AM »

Mine was trial and error about 30 years ago.  I would give bags to people to use or they would eat the BBQ I made and would ask me for the recipe and I didn't have one documented as I made it by taste.  It took me about 2 hours one day to document it by measuring, tasting, deciding what else needed to be added, documenting, adding something else because I put in too much of an ingredient and it didn't taste like I wanted, etc. until I got it to the taste that I desired.

I don't even know the last time I made it because I am always buying some other rub that has some other flavor profile I want to try.  Or, I throw a bunch of different purchased rubs into a container or ziplock and shake them up and mix with other ingredients until I get something that tastes good to me.

I know some people that still make it according to my recipe and that is the only thing they use.  My wife would prefer I did that too as she isn't as experimental as I am with flavors.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »

My oldest daughter and her husband are visiting this weekend and I'll be serving BB ribs again. They turned out so well last time, I'm doing a repeat performance. I seasoned, smoked, sous vide and froze several days ago. Today I'll just rewarm in sous vide, sauce and set sauce in 450° oven. Sides will be a broccoli casserole, baked beans and cold slaw.

Some people say that building that darn Casita was a curse, because we get family and friends from the cold north almost every weekend in the winter. It is over 400 sf and has a queen-sized bed, kitchen, big screen TV, A/C, RO water, full bath, closet and golf cart garage. Some actually schedule a visit a year in advance. I even have a hotel type suitcase stand in one corner. But in reality, it was the best investment that I've ever made. I enjoy all the visits and the cooking challenge.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2023, 06:07:27 PM »

Sounds like you are getting your monies worth.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2023, 04:57:42 PM »

Sounds like you are getting your monies worth.

Absolutely!
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up