Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Memphis Pro....question and some observations  (Read 4535 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: New Memphis Pro....question and some observations
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »

This is addressed to the site, not one individual!

Again, finding out what you know now, disturbing or not, the site may not be for everyone!  Some may find that harsh...I don't care.  I am not trying to drive folks off, but I look at it just like you are in my house.  If I ask you to do or behave in a certain way in my home I expect it done.  If you cant' abide by that, for what ever reason...I would understand completely, but I would also show you to the door.  It is that simple for me. This is a private site, it is my site, you don't pay for it...and I expect when I say something it is followed, whether you like it or agree with it or not.  I like to think I am pretty open and try and listen to folks needs, and yes, I may not be consistent.  So you now know I am not consistent...see above!

I have not even hindered you from asking the question you want, I have just asked you to do it privately.  If you don't like that, see above, or start your own site!

If this site closed tomorrow, I am not going to lose any sleep over it!  I simply have way to much going on in my life for it to be that earth shattering!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:30:02 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Lantern

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »

So, in essence this is not a forum as much as a hive mind meeting at your house. Roger that.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »

Yep, and you can buzz away anytime you like!

Old Smokey

• Using less gas.
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »

Well at least we can't say we don't know where we stand. You've made it pretty clear.

This is addressed to the site, not one individual!

Again, finding out what you know now, disturbing or not, the site may not be for everyone!  Some may find that harsh...I don't care.  I am not trying to drive folks off, but I look at it just like you are in my house.  If I ask you to do or behave in a certain way in my home I expect it done.  If you cant' abide by that, for what ever reason...I would understand completely, but I would also show you to the door.  It is that simple for me. This is a private site, it is my site, you don't pay for it...and I expect when I say something it is followed, whether you like it or agree with it or not.  I like to think I am pretty open and try and listen to folks needs, and yes, I may not be consistent.  So you now know I am not consistent...see above!

I have not even hindered you from asking the question you want, I have just asked you to do it privately.  If you don't like that, see above, or start your own site!

If this site closed tomorrow, I am not going to lose any sleep over it!  I simply have way to much going on in my life for it to be that earth shattering!

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 11:30:10 AM »

Also, the original purpose of the biscuit test was somewhat of a rigged test by Larry.  One of the only times I thought he was not being objective in his testing.  Fast Eddy asked for the test because the PG cooked from the top down and he knew the bottoms of the biscuits would never get scorched -- just like he knew the bottoms of the biscuits would always get scorched along the edges of all other pellet pits.  A marketing ploy that benefited him -- and Larry sold his line of pits, so.....

I am not telling you that you are wrong to feel the way you do, but I humbly disagree. When a grill is advertised as 700 in^2 (arbitrary number) of cooking area, it should have 700 in^2 of cooking area, not roughly 80% to 85% of that because the front and rear edges are much hotter than than anywhere else. No one would be happy if they were sold a gallon of gas and only received 80% to 85% of a gallon. No one would accept buying a 5 lb bag of flour/sugar and when they get home there is only 4 lbs in the bag, yet it seems acceptable in the majority of the pellet grilling industry. I have never cooked on, much less owned a Fast Eddy PG grill but I can tell you that being able to use 100% of the grate is a nice detour from the rest of the industry, and they should tout that. With the PG line, if you know the grate size, you know your cooking area. With everyone else you have to guesstimate based on an inaccurately advertised "cooking area".

Maybe Larry and Fast Eddy used the biscuit test to show how the PG grills outshined the rest concerning cooking edge to edge, but in my opinion, that is not the way it should have been done to test other pits. The biscuit test should be done to figure just how close one can come to the edge of the grate on any given pit to determine the point at which it no longer cooks evenly, so you can determine the real, actual, usable cooking area. That is just my opinion and exactly what I did on my grill after I burnt a few things because I placed them too close to the edge. Done properly, the biscuit test is a very useful tool and something that, in my opinion, should be a part of every performance test.

HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »

I love this site, always fun and you never know what you are going to get.  Smoke on brothers.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »

Thank you.

I love this site, always fun and you never know what you are going to get.  Smoke on brothers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up