Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY -- the Return of College Football  (Read 11479 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: FINALLY -- the Return of College Football
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »

Yes, until a new one is crowned.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »

Rumors circulating that the 5 big conferences are meeting to discuss pushing football season to the Spring.  Its an unfortunate situation for these students, but probably the correct decision to make.  Looks like the same thing is happening to high school sports here in PA too.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2021, 10:15:25 PM »

Fresno St #18
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2021, 06:56:06 AM »

Now that I am living in Arkansas I will support LSU first and then Arkansas.  The niece that lives close by went to Arkansas, but her sister went to LSU.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 06:50:32 AM by reubenray »
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2021, 08:45:51 PM »

Hey Reuben, how do you like living up there?  I am looking for a new place for retirement and I was thinking about that area.  I am fed up with Phoenix and all that goes with it.  A smaller city that has the necessities and other good qualities would be great.  My LSU flags might have to wave in the garage...   ;)   Arkansas is looking good and greatly improved.
Thanks

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2021, 06:49:15 AM »

Hey Reuben, how do you like living up there?  I am looking for a new place for retirement and I was thinking about that area.  I am fed up with Phoenix and all that goes with it.  A smaller city that has the necessities and other good qualities would be great.  My LSU flags might have to wave in the garage...   ;)   Arkansas is looking good and greatly improved.
Thanks

We love it up here.  It actually has 4 seasons where Gulf Coast Alabama only has Summer and Winter.  It is filling up fast from people moving from other states for the same reason you mentioned.  My LSU sign is proudly posted in the front flower bed.  The section we live in is new and our closest neighbor is up the street.  Most days we see more deer than people.  If you are into biking or hiking this is the place to be.  There are trails of all types all over the place. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:01:43 AM by reubenray »

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »

We love it up here.  It actually has 4 seasons where Gulf Coast Alabama only has Summer and Winter.  It is filling up fast from people moving from other states for the same reason you mentioned.  My LSU sign is proudly posted in the front flower bed.  The section we live in is new and our closest neighbor is up the street.  Most days we see more deer than people.  If you are into biking or hiking this is the place to be.  There are trails of all types all over the place.

That all sounds great, I will need to come visit once I pick my last work day.  The deer and forest sound great. A perfect day for me would be standing in a river fly fishing then a cold beer and cooking outdoors.
Thanks

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »

If I recall correctly, Mountain Home, AR is the trout fishing capital of the world or something like that.  I interviewed for a job there almost 20 years ago with Eaton Corp

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2021, 07:01:15 AM »

This https://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/roaring-river-fish-hatchery is not very far from me being I live about a mile from Missouri.  I visited it years ago and if I recall sometimes they release trout and the banks are lined up with fishermen.  I live on the West side of BV which is close to a new section of I-49.  I can be in the Rogers/Bentonville area in about 30 minutes.  I do my Walmart shopping in Jane, MO.

There are five lakes in the Bella Vista area plus Beaver Lake over by Rogers.  There is a campground at Beaver Lake just below the dam that people fish in.  It is an experience itself when they open a gate or two on it.  Just across the border into Oklahoma there are a few big lakes.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »

We will see how long they stay.  It seems it does not matter what generation, every time the team gets ranked they get get big heads.  We will see how this coaching staff handles it.

Fresno St #18

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »

LSU needs to beat Auburn to get back into the ranking this weekend.   They also need to get better before they play Arkansas being I have a little rivalry with my niece.

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2021, 08:40:09 PM »

LSU needs to get back to playing up to their potential.  Fresno and Arkansas have been fun to watch.

I remember how pretty W Arkansas is and I saw all those lakes, that's what got me thinking.  Crowds I can do without..
Thanks

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »

The cracks started to appear last week and it crumbled last night.  This has happened for the last 40 years.  The only difference this year is it happened with 2/3's of the season left.  Good thing is, they would have to worry about being ranked again this year!

We will see how long they stay.  It seems it does not matter what generation, every time the team gets ranked they get get big heads.  We will see how this coaching staff handles it.

Fresno St #18

And on a side note, I always thought Oregon, Notre Dame, Texas A&M and Arkansas were over ranked!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 11:04:21 AM by Bentley »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2021, 06:33:26 PM »

Well, what are the thoughts on this first playoff game?  How about the other bowl games so far?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2021, 07:41:36 PM »

I don't think anyone was surprised that Bama beat Cinci, but Cinci played offense very poorly.  Their defense had some effective moments, but overall the team was not impressive and not playing the type of ball one would expect in a championship game.  With that said, I was not that impressed by Bama either.  So many penalties.  Sheez, that wasn't how it use to be.  Sloppy.  If they don't get it together better they won't win the championship.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up