Pages:
Actions
  • #331 by Quadman750 on 28 Jan 2018
  • Nothing fancy but had to get 10# of jerky done.
    180 is not the norm (too hot for normal jerky smoke) but it is getting a lot colder here and I have to be a tad impatient.
    20 mph winds and 3 of them are perfectly chugging.
    Looking at them reminds me how much I use them and how much I need to clean them. Oh well!

Three times the fun
  • #332 by Quadman750 on 28 Jan 2018
  • Some marinated Pork Blade Steaks on the trusty old Traeger. 1 Hour smoke and cranked it up.

Love pork steaks, they look  :lick:
  • #333 by pmillen on 28 Jan 2018
  • Some marinated Pork Blade Steaks on the trusty old Traeger. 1 Hour smoke and cranked it up.

Pork Steak is a big deal in St. Louis.  I tried it once and wasn't very successful.  I would find it helpful if you'd post the details in the Recipe section.
  • #334 by okie smokie on 28 Jan 2018

• My first TriTip on the BHC
  • #335 by Free Mr. Tony on 29 Jan 2018
  • I'm interested in this Al's beef experiment.  You will have to make a separate post once you nail the recipe and process.

It turned out great. I'll write a more detailed post at some point. Best I've done by far. The laundry list of ingredients for the gravy was the real key I believe.

Here's an Al's picture I pulled off google for reference.

• #336 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jan 2018
  • Oh, boy that looks good!
  • #337 by DE on 29 Jan 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #338 by Michael_NW on 29 Jan 2018
  • Weekend baby backs. Not as tender as hoped, but still delicious!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #339 by yorkdude on 30 Jan 2018

• It turned out great. I'll write a more detailed post at some point. Best I've done by far. The laundry list of ingredients for the gravy was the real key I believe.

Here's an Al's picture I pulled off google for reference.

[/quote]
    Oh man please share that, have to ask though, would wanting cheese on it get a guy banned from Pelletfan ?
  • #340 by Free Mr. Tony on 30 Jan 2018
  • Oh man please share that, have to ask though, would wanting cheese on it get a guy banned from Pelletfan ?

Funny you should ask. Maybe in Chicago, but not in my house. I made one last night for dinner with melted Swiss, spicy mustard, and pepperoncini. It was my favorite version I've had.
  • #341 by Maineac on 30 Jan 2018

• It turned out great. I'll write a more detailed post at some point. Best I've done by far. The laundry list of ingredients for the gravy was the real key I believe.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
  • #342 by Bentley on 30 Jan 2018
  • Yes it would, we are not in Philly and there is da juice...

Oh man please share that, have to ask though, would wanting cheese on it get a guy banned from Pelletfan ?
  • #343 by Goosehunter51 on 03 Feb 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #344 by Ross77 on 03 Feb 2018
  • Brisket Flat
  • #345 by spectra on 03 Feb 2018
  • Well the Yoder is getting a workout this weekend............trip to Costco and well 5lbs of jerky, some wings for tomorrow and also a 15lb brisket........

Pages:
Actions