Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Er 2 code  (Read 16397 times)

twogrn

Er 2 code
« on: December 25, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »

I need to refine my question for help, what does a Er 2 code mean on the controller and how would i correct it ?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Er 2 code
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Unplg it and plug it back in! The Memphis line has Er 1. 2 and 3 and I cant remember what they are...one is to high a heat, another is did not get to correct temperature fast enough at start up and I cant think what the 3rd one is...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Smokechaser

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »

My Blaz'n operation manual shows error mode: "ER-2 - Failure to Start Error - Occurs when the ignition procedure fails to increase the temperature above 160 degrees within a 30 minute window".

"The system cannot run while an error is present.  if an error code has been detected, it can be cleared by pressing the On / Off button to enter the Run Mode.  However, if the cause of the error is still present it will enter the Error Mode again".
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:20:11 PM by Smokechaser »
Winchester, TN
BGW Grand Slam, 17" Blackstone Griddle for Home

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 12:13:42 AM »

Sounds like it was too cold to start up.

What did you end up doing?

I hope everything worked out well for you in the end.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

twogrn

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 07:55:10 PM »

Thanks to everyone that had responded, yes I did not look at the owners manual, xxxx who does that lol.  Bentley was on track, a quick response  from Tim at Blazin was great.  Tim said if it does not reach 160 within 30 min you get the er2 code.  Usually happens when it cold outside and yes was was cold here in Omaha, a sweet 11 when i started the smoker and if I would have held the prime button longer I would have reached the 160 within the time period. 

As what did i do, I put the $100. prime into oven and it turned out just great, not a lot of smoke and all the guest ate and ate......a good Xmas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up