Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Need New Remote Temperature System (Maverick Like)  (Read 3179 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Need New Remote Temperature System (Maverick Like)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »

If I cant have a separate receiver or use my lap top, don't want it!  There are 4 good choices up there...will give it a week or so more and will do a pool and see if there is a preference as to which one to review!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »

One of my Smoke Gateway's arrived an hour or so ago.  I will have some pics up after I eat dinner.

I put the pics in the accessories section.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:49:53 PM by Bar-B-Lew »
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

Happy with smoke...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »

I realize that a lot of folks may not have seen this thread...unless someone has a burning desire to make a suggestion, and if so, I will listen.  I think I will get Dansure and do a Product review of it.  Lew is already gonna do the Smoke w/wifi, so that covers the medium to higher end stuff.  I have the new Version 2 Tappecue that I will be doing a Product Review on, so that will cover the Premium segment! 

So I will take the low end side!

So I need one, maybe 2 new units.  Obviously we are trying to fill the site with content so you all will stick around.  You all have probably bought units since 2011 and I would like to hear what they are and a ball park price if that is not to intrusive.

So if you have suggestions, and it does not have to be something you own, maybe you would like to see a review of a product you were thinking of buying? 

1. ThermoWorks Smoke. (5) $99.00 (Bad timing, just missed sale)
2,  GrillEye (1) $88.20
3. ThermoPro TP08 Wireless (1) $47.99
4. Dansrue Wireless Remote  (1) $28.99
5. VENSMILE Meat Thermometer (1) $16.98

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »

The one thing that stopped me from buying the Smoke is that the alarm settings are on the transmitter, not the receiver. Seems dumb.

GregW

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »

I had a Rock's Stoker WiFi that I just sold, I was using it on my Big Green Egg.
When I bought my FEC 120 I no longer needed a device like the Stoker to control the Egg, the FEC was the new low and slow choice.

The Stoker was a real pain to use. It was a science project.

I'm definitely looking to buy a new multi probe system. I like the Smoke unit, but I don't like the idea of having to buy multiple gateways in order to use more than two probes. I can accept buying multiple Smoke units, but it seems to be a waste to have to buy a gateway for each Smoke.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 11:41:02 AM »

There are a few references to a Rock's Stoker in this thread.  I just discovered that it's no longer offered.  The web site notice indicates that they will support existing customers (apparently with fans, probes and such) but will not offer new stokers (controllers).
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »

John graciously sent us one for Pelletheads to use and we did for several years, just the temperature monitoring part.  But when Tappecue came out and they also offered us one, we used it cuz it was simpler (at least for me to set up and use).  Surprised to hear, cuz there is only one other company (I think that I Que?) that managed air too?  But what do I knoe, maybe there are 10 different companies that manage air for wood and charcoal units...

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »

Surprised to hear, cuz there is only one other company (I think that I Que?) that managed air too?  But what do I knoe, maybe there are 10 different companies that manage air for wood and charcoal units...

I recall a few others.  I think FireBoard has an air control option.  DigiQ, and CyberQ may do same.

If my Rock's Stoker ever goes belly-up I'll search around but right now FireBoard rates high with me.  A lot will depend on the ease of real-time graphing.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 01:58:35 PM »

Digi Q is what I was thinking of...

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »

All is captured and graphed through their cloud system, available via either browser or App.

Can it be viewed as it's happening?
Paul

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 09:41:31 AM »

I pulled this from the Internet. 
  • It's a high-res screen shot of a poor screen shot so it's not very clear.  I'll replace it with a better one if I can find it.
  • It will age fast because of product introductions and improvements.

EDIT:  Posted a more clear screen shot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:47:56 PM by pmillen »
Paul

Jimsbarbecue

• Using less gas.
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:10 PM »

I have used the Smoke , Stoker and Fire Board. The FireBoard was hard to get past the cost. But now I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The Smoke if you only need two probes is a good buy. The new Signals by thermoworks looks interesting as it can be used stand along with easy viewing of all 4 temps. The only shortcoming I see is the charger for the Signal looks like a usb phone charger but is not.

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:39 AM »

I have a Maverick and I have had it over 5 years.  I am looking for something new even though it still works.  I need at least one probe that is completely wireless to use on my rotisserie.  I have looked at the Meater probes, but I am checking into all options.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

KNIGHTDAD

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »

I have a Smoke and love it! If I was to do it again I wish the ThermoWorks Signals would of been out, 4 channels WiFi and Bluetooth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up