Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Casa de Jorge Salsas - Ghost Pepper and Stupid Hot  (Read 1298 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Casa de Jorge Salsas - Ghost Pepper and Stupid Hot
« on: January 07, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »

Tried these at a party last night.  The jar on the ghost pepper salsa rate it a 10 on a heat scale.  I was disappointed.  Taco Bell has hotter products.

So, we got brave and decided to try the Stupid Hot salsa.  It was a 10+ on the heat scale on the jar.  Well, it was the real deal.  It is made with Carolina Reapers.  I had about a half teaspoon on a tostitos scoop and felt the impact of it for about 5 minutes.  My buddy sent me a picture of the ingredients label on the jar this morning.  The first ingredient listed is....Pain.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
Re: Casa de Jorge Salsas - Ghost Pepper and Stupid Hot
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »

I grew some Fatalii peppers this year on a lark.   Found out after trying one that Fatalii is Moroccan for fatal.   They rank right up there with the ghost pepper.   Never again.  I'll stick with my habanero and count myself lucky.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:15:09 PM »

Can I find this scale somewhere, or was it just on these products a marketing tool?

It was a 10+ on the heat scale on the jar.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »

just on these products as a marketing tool
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »

You could look at a Scoville scale, but they are usually out of date within a few months. 
http://ratelco.com/c2NvdmlsbGUtY2hhcnQtMjAxNw/

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »

I did a challenge at work.  Friend (If you can call him that, evil xxxxxx) got hold of 10 ghost peppers fresh.  Cut in half raw and had to chew it for 30 seconds and swallow.  Was pretty funny all of us did it at the same time.  Dayun that was hot!  That was ohh 8 years ago or so.  Now the scoville rating on the new ones is like twice as hot.  Man there are some crazy folks out there!  That said I do have really hot reaper hot sauce and add 1 tsp to my wet jerky mix for 5 lbs of jerky.

Anyone ever experiment with the szechuan peppercorns for heat?
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

I did a challenge at work.  Friend (If you can call him that, evil xxxxxx) got hold of 10 ghost peppers fresh.  Cut in half raw and had to chew it for 30 seconds and swallow.  Was pretty funny all of us did it at the same time.  Dayun that was hot!  That was ohh 8 years ago or so.  Now the scoville rating on the new ones is like twice as hot.  Man there are some crazy folks out there!  That said I do have really hot reaper hot sauce and add 1 tsp to my wet jerky mix for 5 lbs of jerky.

Anyone ever experiment with the szechuan peppercorns for heat?

What is the reaper hot sauce you have?  I've tried one of the 1.2mm scoville ones.  Yikes!

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:57 PM »

Ohh I duuno, just a small bottle I bought at a craft fair where they sold stuff.  It's everywhere now, even Popeyes Chicken now. 
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up