Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressive Gasser/smoker seen yesterday  (Read 1611 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Impressive Gasser/smoker seen yesterday
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:27:23 AM »

If you are looking for a gasser with included smoker oven. 

Admin -- Folks, Bentley and I discussed this and I am removing the contents of the post. There was nothing offensive about it other than it does not fit with our goals and mission -- pellets and pellet pits. We have tried to be a bit tolerant of other pits, but I have to draw the line at free advertising of a gas grill at a big box store.  Also, I think it is time to remind folks that we are PRIMARILY focused on pellet pits.  We go to pellet pit manufacturers asking that they send pits for a performance test. The site has been funded in this first year by a pellet manufacturer.  I want to respect what they are contributing AND bring the focus back to the fact that we are a pellet and pellet pit forum and not a general bbq forum.  I realize we have probably been a bit too tolerant and I am going to need to start reining these types of posts in a bit more.  We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:59:13 AM by Kristin Meredith »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Impressive Gasser/smoker seen yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:24:22 AM »

It is very difficult to post right now, but I did want to say these are my feelings too!  We kind of need to get back to at least my core beliefs when it comes to cooking on "BBQ's"...
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »

Fine line here when we have interesting threads on sous vide, drum smokers, propane griddles, etc.  I understand the purpose and intent is to promote pellet grills so don't get me wrong on that.  I also fully understand that you own the site and can declare what you want the content to be, and I am on board with that.  I am a big supporter of this forum because I respect what you are doing so this is not to pick a fight with either of you.  Maybe consider a section for all other non pellet cooking devices as some folks like to have other tools to work with and some of these other devices may spark the next innovation in a pellet grill. 
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 12:19:23 PM »

I am the one that does not want a separate board on non-pellet items and that probably is not going to change.  And I am not thrilled with all the non-pellet threads you have mentioned.  I maybe see the sous vide because folks have said they use a pellet pit before and after, but even that is tenuous.  And the other threads I would get rid of, but Bent has sought a bit more tolerance from me. But there are limits -- free advertising for a gas grill (heck, we won't even allow pellet pit dealers to promote deals they have on pellet pits) -- that I am not going to allow.  And I just want folks to know I may take a stronger stand on non-pellet items in the future if I see a lot more of those type of things being brought up in threads.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 12:30:12 PM »

Fair enough.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

Yep, wow
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »

Yes to sous vide but no to gasser with a smoker?  Wow. Consistency is the key.

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »

Nice to know.  Pellet poopers only.  Okie dokie.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

David

• Using less gas.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 06:06:48 AM »

Okie Smokie  would you care to tell us which pellet manufacture is sponsoring this site.
Memphis Elite Smoking Brothers 24 in Premier

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 07:23:06 AM »

If you are referring to the red words in Okie Smokie's post, that was by me in my administrative capacity.  Whenever you see anything in red, that is the admin on the site speaking formally on an issue.

The pellet manufacturer is www.cookinpellets.com and Chris Becker.  He paid for the first year of operation, including paying additional for allowing the site to be secure so that your info is secure in general and if you use a credit card for PayPal for something like the Uuni Pellet Pizza pit it is secure.  Folks who were on the site in the first 6-8 weeks probably know this, but it is good to say thanks again.  Cookinpellets.com is the only pellet related link we allow -- not because he asked (if fact, he was very reticent about us even recognizing his contribution) -- but because we wanted to recognize his contribution. Chris never had any strings or conditions attached to his contribution, he just wanted to see an ad free forum dedicated to pellet cooking continue in the wake of the sale and unknown future of PH. We appreciated his unconditional support beyond words. Loyalty has always been something I cherish and I want to reciprocate where I can.

Also, LowSlowforSlow donated all his technical time and skill to get us up and running.  We would have badly floundered without him.  He has not been on as much lately because he started a new job a while back and has probably been very busy, but we are in debt to him for his help.

We hope folks enjoy and contribute to the site. But we were never trying for a forum that was all things bbq to all people.  If the parameters of the operation of this site are too burdensome or oppressive for some, we understand, thank them for their contributions and hope they find a forum home that fits their needs.  But we believe the majority of our members understand our mission and we are appreciative of both their support and compliance with our rules.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 08:59:14 AM »

I completely understand and will comply in the future.  I really kinda knew the rules but had a brain misfire cause I was so impressed with this unit.   I just forgot. I see no need for any debate and think we should move on. 
Respectfully,
Okie Smokie

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »

Thank you.

I completely understand and will comply in the future.  I really kinda knew the rules but had a brain misfire cause I was so impressed with this unit.   I just forgot. I see no need for any debate and think we should move on. 
Respectfully,
Okie Smokie

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »

No, me Being the owner is the key.   And that is all you need to know...lots of gas, offset, whatever you cook on forums out there for you to post this other stuff on.   

Yes to sous vide but no to gasser with a smoker?  Wow. Consistency is the key.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:19:33 PM by Bentley »

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 11:39:10 PM »

Wow!
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 12:23:08 AM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up