Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ribs and chicken at the sametime  (Read 939 times)

Smokefathers

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Ribs and chicken at the sametime
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:16:46 PM »

Ok I just finishing putting my pellet smoker together. I burned everything off and seasoned it.  went to the meat market got 2 racks of pork ribs and a whole chicken.  I was going to do the ribs in t he 3-2-1 method.  question when and how long should i put on my chicken.?  I will brine it tonight.  thanks

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Ribs and chicken at the sametime
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »

I like my chicken fried, or stuffed with ham and chees and baked, so I am no help. 

I guess if I was doing it on a pit, roasted, so 350° for 75 minutes usually does it.
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Smokefathers

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 06:20:28 AM »

thx i will try that

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »

Here is another option that should allow you to make both at the same time especially if you have top grate.  The recipe I use is adapted from Adam Perry Langs "Serious Eat" book.  I have done this cook primarily with the legs and the thighs.  If you have time marinate the chicken with Italian dressing for about three hours in the refrigerator.  Remove the chicken from the marinate and pat dry.  Place the chicken skin side down in a baking dish or disposable aluminum pans, add about a two tablespoons to the pan with about an eighth of cup of water.  Sprinkle each piece with your seasoning blend (you can use what you are using on your ribs) cover with aluminum foil and place on the grill ( Not sure what temp you are cooking the ribs but if you are between 250 and 300 you should be ok.  Cook for about 45 minutes and then let rest for about 15 minutes.  Take out of the pan pat dry and add more rub to all side of the chicken.  Place back on the grill skin side up for another 45 minutes or so.  I then cover in BBQ sauce and cook for another 30 minutes.  If you need more then one pan stack them and then reverse half way between each 45 minutes. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:33:57 PM »

Sorry, did not understand the wanting to cook them at the same time, that just never clicked in my mind.
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »

Ok I just finishing putting my pellet smoker together. I burned everything off and seasoned it.  went to the meat market got 2 racks of pork ribs and a whole chicken.  I was going to do the ribs in t he 3-2-1 method.  question when and how long should i put on my chicken.?  I will brine it tonight.  thanks
Not sure I could do both at the same time.  (ribs at 260* and chicken at 375*)  Could be done, not sure I would like the compromise of either. Do the ribs on the grill and the chicken in the oven?
Pages: [1]   Go Up