Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Country Style Ribs"  (Read 957 times)

shadco

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
"Country Style Ribs"
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:05:22 AM »

First Post

How to best cook "Country Style Ribs" on a pellet grill.

These are a family favorite, I know they aren't really ribs. I used to cook them on a BGE at about 350, I would apply rub about 20 minutes before cooking and mop them with sauce right at the end.

I now have a GMG Daniel Boone and I wonder if there might be a better method.

TIA

Shad--
I knew where I was when I wrote this, I don't know where I am now
GMG Daniel Boone

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
Re: "Country Style Ribs"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »

Welcome and Happy First Post!!! There was a good thread on these a little while back ..... here it is  https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=2440.0  Happy smoking!!
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

Cook them the same way at the same temp.  It's kinda low and slow BBQ, and the unit you have will do about the same.

Myself, I like to cook slow at 225 for an hour or so then turn it up and sauce to finish.

The post linked above as pretty good.  Cook slow and low in a liquid (braise) and then finish on a hot fire (350+) and sauce if you want.  That would ensure some really tender country ribs. 

Myself, i like to cook them like ribs.  Hours on the smoker at 225 then sauce for the finish. 
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

tmb2735

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 08:27:57 PM »

I like to cook them similar to the link above. Smoke for awhile and then in a pan with liquid, usually Stubbs original with some Orange juice. Up the temp to 350 until they are happy. This is my go to when I don't have time for a long smoke and not expensive. Good shortcut BBQ. I usually finish them out of the pan with a glaze of straight sauce for a bit. I haven't done these in awhile, time to look for country ribs on sale!

shadco

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:57 PM »

I like to cook them similar to the link above. Smoke for awhile and then in a pan with liquid, usually Stubbs original with some Orange juice. Up the temp to 350 until they are happy. This is my go to when I don't have time for a long smoke and not expensive. Good shortcut BBQ. I usually finish them out of the pan with a glaze of straight sauce for a bit. I haven't done these in awhile, time to look for country ribs on sale!

That’s exactly what I did and they were great. The meat was from a butcher shoppe in Fayetteville PA and were probably the nicest ones I’ve seen.

I was surprised how good the smoke worked out.

Wish I had taken a picture.

Shad--
I knew where I was when I wrote this, I don't know where I am now
GMG Daniel Boone
Pages: [1]   Go Up