Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anova on Sale Now  (Read 2480 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Anova on Sale Now
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:24:55 PM »

$98 at the big A right now.  I have not seen it go below $109 for quite some time.  Supposed to be one of the best sous vide units on the market if someone is looking to buy one.  Won't get a better price than right now.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pz

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • My recipes
Re: Anova on Sale Now
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »

That's a heck of a deal - at that price I'd definitely get one if I did not already have it.
PZ

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »

Different products cook at varying temperatures so having two or three is handy. I have three  Anova's, two 800W and one 1000W. Vegetables normally cook in the 180° range and meats much lower.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

$100 right now
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 01:05:24 PM »

I need to get serious about using it. I remember that FMT, leaned toward a rarely used gadget. I'm thinking he was onto something, seems to require a tad more planning than this family has the patience for? Am going to get a after it soon, I think?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »

$89 now

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »

That is what I was afraid of for myself...it is happening to me, I am not used to having to plan a 24-36 hour cook of a main course.  Although after that last Brisket, I am going to do some cheap beef and see how it does on Beef Stroganoff!

I need to get serious about using it. I remember that FMT, leaned toward a rarely used gadget. I'm thinking he was onto something, seems to require a tad more planning than this family has the patience for? Am going to get a after it soon, I think?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »

At $89 I am very tempted to buy a 2nd unit.

slaga

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 11:37:27 PM »

I just bought a second one.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Craig in Indy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up. I jumped on it Saturday and it was in my hands by Sunday afternoon.

Of course I'll read the instructions thoroughly ( ::) ), but if anyone has any immediate tips for use, I'd love to hear them. No dedicated container yet - we'll just be using it with standard pots. In fact, one of the reasons I wanted to do this was to avoid the problem of plastic bags melting when they contact a metal pot on a fire. Seems even when they contain water, some part of the bag wants to touch the bare metal above the surface. I'm hoping this device will keep the temperature of the metal pot below the plastic-melting point.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up. I jumped on it Saturday and it was in my hands by Sunday afternoon.

Of course I'll read the instructions thoroughly ( ::) ), but if anyone has any immediate tips for use, I'd love to hear them. No dedicated container yet - we'll just be using it with standard pots. In fact, one of the reasons I wanted to do this was to avoid the problem of plastic bags melting when they contact a metal pot on a fire. Seems even when they contain water, some part of the bag wants to touch the bare metal above the surface. I'm hoping this device will keep the temperature of the metal pot below the plastic-melting point.

The metal pot should not get hotter than the water in it based on the temp you set on the Anova.  Like you, I am a newbie to this and have only used my Chefman 2x.  There are a lot of guys that have probably 100s of cooks to their name on here.

Craig in Indy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 11:35:28 AM »

I understand the pot won't get any hotter than the water temp, and I apologize if my poorly worded comment didn't make that clear. I was only mentioning that the elimination of that worry is my primary reason for getting the device (at least initially). So far, when heating vacuum-bagged leftover BBQ, I by far prefer hot water immersion to other methods, but have always struggled to keep bags, especially cheap zip-locks, from touching the flame-heated pots and melting there. At some point in the future I'll try actually *cooking* with it.  ;)

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »

Amazon has the WI-Fi Bluetooth Anova for $74.00 right now.

Just ordered mine as thats the best price I've seen for it.

Not sure how long the price will last.
FE PG 1000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

Just tried buying one and it won't let me checkout.  It keeps crashing.  Not sure if it is this item or their business in general not being able to keep up with all of the orders.

slaga

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »

When I can get to it, the Anova is now $109.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up