Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel great all day when I cook. Do you?  (Read 964 times)

MMike

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Having fun!
I feel great all day when I cook. Do you?
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:49:48 PM »

I cooked steaks today on the GMG.
To the tune of Mr. Roger's " It's a good feeling...".  :cool:
Yoder 640s

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: I feel great all day when I cook. Do you?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »

Absolutely.  Cooking for me is fun so I play loud music, and I sing and dance when I cook.  In fact I sound significantly better singing in the kitchen then I do in the shower.  I may also have a glass of wine or two when I cook. Just remember life is to short not to have fun. :clap: :cool:

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »

I usually have three or four things cooking and I want them to complete simultaneously, so I often feel harried—NO.

When I have help to delegate to—YES.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:17:53 AM »

I usually have multiple items going and am trying to time the finish of them to be at the same time.  But yes, I have fun and typically drink too much.  There's just something about rolling smoke that brings on the cold ones.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:20:25 AM »

Not all day... However the cooking session; sitting back, relaxed and watching the smoke, is a soothing experience.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »

I guess it depends on how you define cook.  If you just have to grill a couple of steaks, not a bad day.  If you have to shop for, prep, clean house, set table and cook Thanksgiving dinner, not so much. :pig:

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 11:18:54 AM »

Cooking and riding my bicycle are two things I love to do to just get away from the real world.  I do feel great after doing both.  The feeling of accomplishment after a nice long ride on the roads, and the feeling of satisfaction when I plate great food that others really enjoy, makes the rest of the day so worth it.

dk117

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »

I guess it depends on how you define cook.  If you just have to grill a couple of steaks, not a bad day.  If you have to shop for, prep, clean house, set table and cook Thanksgiving dinner, not so much. :pig:
In response to MMike ... yes.

In response to Kristin; end to end ownership of Thanksgiving.  One of the best days of the year!  I feel great the whole day, and my family and guests do too.

DK

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 12:51:17 PM »

In response to Kristin; end to end ownership of Thanksgiving.  One of the best days of the year!  I feel great the whole day, and my family and guests do too.

DK

That's great.  It's just a 3 day event for me -- day one shopping and some cooking and prep, day 2 cleaning the house and setting the table, and day 3 cooking most of the day and cleaning up all the dishes and pots and pans.  Glad you enjoy all those aspects!  Don't know how you fit it all into one day, but more power to you!!!

urnmor

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 12:54:40 PM »

I guess it depends on how you define cook.  If you just have to grill a couple of steaks, not a bad day.  If you have to shop for, prep, clean house, set table and cook Thanksgiving dinner, not so much

I enjoy shopping for, prepping, setting the table and cooking the dinner.  I even enjoy cleaning my kitchen when we finish eating.  However  there are two days  year I do not cook one is Thanksgiving and the other is Christmas.  They are the two days that Claire takes over the kitchen. 

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »

I enjoy shopping for, prepping, setting the table and cooking the dinner.  I even enjoy cleaning my kitchen when we finish eating. 

Will you come live at my house?  And no, you aren't allowed to see the kitchen after Bentley cooks before you say yes!! ;D

urnmor

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »

Will you come live at my house?

I  just might if you promise to make those beautiful cheesecakes. :clap: :cool:

dk117

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 12:21:37 AM »

DK

That's great.  It's just a 3 day event for me -- day one shopping and some cooking and prep, day 2 cleaning the house and setting the table, and day 3 cooking most of the day and cleaning up all the dishes and pots and pans.  Glad you enjoy all those aspects!  Don't know how you fit it all into one day, but more power to you!!!
Don’t get me wrong.   The question was do you feel great the day you cook.  Yes I do.  Prep for thanksgiving is a monthlong process ( headcount, seating, ordering turkey, brine, sides, desert, the list is long)and cleanup usually goes into Friday and Saturday.   If you’re not enjoying the process and the day becomes a chore have someone else take the reigns.     Or delegate! 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:42:42 AM by dk117 »

mo-kid

• Using less gas.
  • I get by with a little help from my friends.....
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »

absolutely, I feel good.... so much so that I have not even picked up the golf clubs for 4 years now! I enjoy the prep, the shopping (although my wife says the bill is 3X higher when I go with her to the grocery store...lol) and of course the cooking. Whether a few items or the thanksgiving meal, it is a blast. And I enjoy the look on people's faces when they bite into the food. making jerky for friends now and I've been selling it also!  :cool:
Enjoy!!!
GMC daniel boone; frog mats, grill grates, SS griddle,

urnmor

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 11:42:47 AM »

the shopping (although my wife says the bill is 3X higher when I go with her to the grocery store...lol)

I jokingly tell people taking my wife shopping is like getting a root canal.  She wants to rush me when I am looking at the vegetables etc however she wants to take all day looking at what is in her hair conditioner and shampoo.  I always ask her what is more important the vegetables or the shampoo.  I will let you all choose the answer. :) :cool:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up