Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The last brisket  (Read 689 times)

dk117

The last brisket
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:43:44 PM »

My sister in law wants brisket.  I'm out of town Wednesday so it's got to be now.   My brother picks up a brisket from Costco.  But not just any brisket ...  the last one left.   Every brisket in the store passed to shoppers except this one.   There are dozens of backyard pitmasters (and plenty of PelletFans) in my area.  Every one of them passed on this, the last brisket. 

My bro did have the piece of mind to talk to the butcher.  He got 5 or so lbs taken off the price.  This brisket had more hard fat than any I've ever encountered.    Interesting that it had such a nice fold, but I was carving fat off the packer for a good 20 minutes before injection, molasses, and rub.    I'll follow normal proceedure of on a little after midnight at 180.   Check IT tomorrow AM crank the heat up depending on doneness and finish around 2:00. 

DK

I'll try to get a non carved finished picture tomorrow then FTC.   SIL and Bro will cut into it tomorrow night for dinner.

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
Re: The last brisket
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »

You're a good Bro and BIL. 
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

dk117

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:54:14 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

dk117

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »

You're a good Bro and BIL.
It's way too fun to cook not to share with others.

DK

I rotated that picture three times and just gave up on proper orientation.

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »

You are a good man Charlie Brown (DK).  I am sure that brisket will be fantastic even with it's meager beginning.  Being from NJ, I never see packers in either of my local Costco.

dk117

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:10:28 PM »

I’m frankly shocked this turned out.   And I need to teach my bro how to slice brisket.  But this Charlie Brown Christmas tree actually worked.    [ Invalid Attachment ]

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 04:41:41 PM »

I think I've read something about how the first shall be last, and the last will be lifted up to a place of honor. This must be a heavenly brisket!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: [1]   Go Up