Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dry & Sunny  (Read 1714 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Dry & Sunny
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »

Man, I am Jonesing for an 80°, ground being dry, no wind day real bad!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Dry & Sunny
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:12:38 PM »

Man, I am Jonesing for an 80°, ground being dry, no wind day real bad!

Sounds like you need to find a cheap flight to Arizona or Vegas (when it doesn't snow there).
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »

Yeah, I have 11 inches of snow on my deck.  The pit has been cold for a long time.  I imagine that the mice moved back in.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »

After the warmest January in recorded history in Seattle, we got slammed by the coldest (soon to be) and snowiest in history for February.

The cold snap we went thru the last 2 weeks has headed east! How's that for weird? PNW cold headed for the midwest and east coast? It don't get much stranger than that.  ???
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »

We have been cold and wet in Southern California; that is So Cal cold, which is definitely not mid-west cold. It is good to have rain finally, but it is getting in the way of my outdoor activities.

I managed to cook two pork loins two days ago between storms: one to 155 and sliced, and the other to 205 and turned into pulled pork for sandwiches.

It started to sprinkle so I put an umbrella over my grill. I am not yet sure how water tight it is and I did not want to get the pellets wet.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 04:05:46 AM »

We’ve had enough also. Have had snow on the ground for about a month.

glitchy

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »

Yeah, I have 11 inches of snow on my deck.  The pit has been cold for a long time.  I imagine that the mice moved back in.

I hate cleaning up after that. I know high heat kills the germs, but still hate the thoughts of what they left behind. They loved the round firepots on my Traegers.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 12:20:45 PM »

After seeing some of the other comments, I would shoot myself if I lived in a truly cold, snowy climate!

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »

The snow is only 8½ to 9 inches deep on the fire pit table.  I'm obviously not a good judge of dimensions.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »

We had 2-3 inches of snow yesterday and it melted today as it is over 50 degrees.  I remember the days of living in Colorado and you would get 12-18 inches of snow one day and it all be gone the next day due to the sand under the soil and the heat of the sun.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »

Yeah, we had 3 inches yesterday and it is virtually all gone, but the saturation of the ground.  You can't do anything with out make a mucky mess!  The amount of moisture in the soil since about the end of July has been unbelievable here.  Never did I think you could go through a late summer here and have standing water in ditches.  And since late October, the ground has been...not dry mind you, but without mud maybe 3 days!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

Yeah, I don't ever remember having green grass in December and in recent memory not having it burn up in Aug/Sep.

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 06:37:07 PM »

Yeah, things are bad everywhere, it's 50° here and raining.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 06:47:39 PM »

read about an hour ago there may be snow in los angeles today and they were cancelling flights in vegas because of snow

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 11:55:26 PM »

There may be snow in Los Angeles since 5,074 foot Mt Lukens in the San Gabriel Mountains is in the city limits. We are hearing that the snow level could drop as low as 1,000 feet. I am not sure where that will be. More likely on the north side of the range, which is the side facing toward the desert and away from the city. I have been monitoring it. I am climbing a mountain on Saturday. I adjusted and mounted my crampons on my boots today so I am ready to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up