Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuffed Bell Peppers Plus  (Read 499 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Stuffed Bell Peppers Plus
« on: April 22, 2019, 03:27:15 PM »

Have always liked stuffed peppers, but did not make them often.  Found them ready to cook in the "made in store" area of Costco.  6 in a package for about $13 or so.  Different colored peppers, hamburger, seasoning, cheese.  Nice size ready to heat and eat.  But felt they needed an extra personal touch to really make them outstanding:
From freezer to oven at 350 for about an hour.  Then just before ready to serve, place a large scoop of spaghetti sauce (flavor of choice) over each and leave them in for another 5 minutes  to heat up the sauce.  Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese just as you serve.  A+++++
I will take pics next time I do them.  Sorry.  :lick: :clap: :cool:

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Stuffed Bell Peppers Plus
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »

Interesting, I am assuming already fully cooked and frozen?  Playing off of your modifications, how do you think they would do being done in a Crock Pot with the red sauce for 3-4 hours?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 04:36:30 PM »

Hmmm.  Sounds interesting okie. I like the idea of kicking it up with spaghetti sauce. I would probably add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes as well. Will have to check out Costco as I do not recall seeing them in the store we shop. But then again, never really looked either. Thanks for the heads up and ideas.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »

The last time that I was at Costco, they were serving samples of them, they are quite good.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 05:17:10 PM »

Why not just make them from scratch on your smoker.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

dk117

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 05:26:37 PM »

6 good sized peppers can be up to $13 by themselves depending on time of year.

What was inside the peppers is my question?  I typically skip the rice and beans with mine and go for onion, sausage, egg and cheese.   And yes I do them on the smoker ;)
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2024 Napoleon Phantom 500 Prestige

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »

Interesting, I am assuming already fully cooked and frozen?  Playing off of your modifications, how do you think they would do being done in a Crock Pot with the red sauce for 3-4 hours?

Thats how would do them
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 05:51:33 PM »

6 good sized peppers can be up to $13 by themselves depending on time of year.

What was inside the peppers is my question?  I typically skip the rice and beans with mine and go for onion, sausage, egg and cheese.   And yes I do them on the smoker ;)

If we can't have inexpensive meat here, we at least have decent pepper prices.  Usually, it is $1 per pepper for green, red, yellow, or orange at the local grocery store.  And, I'm with you, no rice and beans either.  But, that is how my Dad made them when I was a kid - pepper stuffed with rice, hamburger, cheese, and with tomato sauce on top and in pan that they were baked in.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »

The colored bell peppers are usually about $3.99/lb here, but green, they are usually about $1.49/lb and usually about 2-3 to a pound!  An with mom it was always meat and rice, never heard of beans or cheese.  Might have to try some black bean in the next batch, that sounds good!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 11:37:57 AM »

Almost forgot.  Sorry no before pics.  Here we are half way through.  Pepper, hamburger, rice, spices, tomato shredded cheese.  Taken frozen from freezer and into the oven at 350 for an hour, then the spaghetti sauce added 5 to 10 minutes before coming out of the oven.  Wonderful and not too heavy a portion. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up