Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Weber Pellet Grill Confirmed  (Read 5755 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Weber Pellet Grill Confirmed
« on: August 27, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »

I tried to search to see if I'd seen anyone here mention it and could not find it. I know I've seen mention of a leaked Ace Hardware ad on another site. Weber is coming out with a pellet grill!

I ran into a Weber rep at a hardware store over lunch and asked him when Weber was doing one. He reluctantly admitted that one is coming in January. With Weber customer service, I think this is exciting news and think it will bring great fear to Traeger considering they'll likely be competing in the same stores directly next year. Unfortunately, but totally understandably, he couldn't really tell me anything about it since it's pretty hush hush yet.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

rdsbucks

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • "Everything rises and falls with leadership." -JM
    • I'm a leader in Dr. John Maxwell's foundation.
Re: Weber Pellet Grill Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 04:16:06 PM »

Not sure if this is acceptable so feel free to take it down: https://kettlefreaks.com/blogs/news/leaked-weber-pellet-grill-coming-soon
Fast Eddy's Cookshack PG 500 Pit Barrel Cooker Traeger Tailgater

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »

Will see if they have a great controller or just slap an aftermarket one on a knock off China unit and figure folks will buy it just based on name.  I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they try and bring out a round pellet grill.  The WoodMaster D400 was a great unit, but I think folks were turned off buy the loss of surface area with that circle.

And more importantly, I am still in the Camp of...I will believe it when I see it!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

I think I said this many years ago on the PH forum.  The day that Weber gets in the game will be a game changer for the industry just do to their brand recognition for gas and charcoal grills.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »

It will be interesting to see whenever it debuts. Now that most  of the manufacturers have worked the bugs out, plus what is selling, that should narrow down what the new Weber should be.. That is unless they have a completely new approach to pellet cooking.. Being the big company that they are, economy of scale should give them a price advantage... We'll see.

sbryant24

• Using less gas.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 06:22:50 AM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Rec Tec RT-680 ( Sold ) Genesis S-330 Firecraft Q-450 ( Selling ) Rec Tec RT-590

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 08:17:08 AM »

Looks like a Rec Tec/ Weber cross.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 08:52:14 AM »

Looks like a Rec Tec/ Weber cross.

The right side looks like a new Traeger and that pellet hopper looks really small.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »

I wonder if new entries into the pellet pit world, like Wber, are just banking that their name will bring sales?  I am not sure why anyone would buy from a company so associated with charcoal when you could go and buy from folks who have exclusively been dedicated to pellets?

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »

This is great news! Pellet grills will become common knowledge now and not a niche product
Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 12:51:53 PM »

I wonder if new entries into the pellet pit world, like Wber, are just banking that their name will bring sales?  I am not sure why anyone would buy from a company so associated with charcoal when you could go and buy from folks who have exclusively been dedicated to pellets?

I think those that were loyal Weber consumers (I speculate there are a lot) will try them over some other brand.  It will be interesting to see Traeger and Weber battle for floor space at True Value and Ace Hardware where they share space today.  I suspect Weber will look to have Traeger pushed out so they can display their charcoal, gas, and pellet grills.

I had a few Weber stainless steel gas grills that I thought were great at the time, and they had great customer service and warranty.  I stumbled upon a pellet grill by accident, had a dealer let me use one for two weeks, and I bought my first shortly thereafter and quit using gas grills.  Sold the two I had for a decent price.  One guy ended up getting all new burners and flavor bars because they had a lifetime warranty.  He sold his to another guy and the lid broke from a windstorm and Weber replaced the lid.

Will be fun to watch how this transpires over the next few years.  I'm sure they will have a huge Spring marketing program to launch these pellet grills.

glitchy

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 01:43:40 PM »

Didn’t Yoder do stick burners first, CookShack electric smokers, Campchef and Danson’s gas and charcoal, etc? I know Traeger, GMG and RecTec have the most market share, but there are a lot of pellet grills sold by manufacturers supporting multiple fuel sources. It will be interesting to see if the Weber is innovative at all and to know if they are really making it themselves.

They’re supposedly doing some spin off their flavorizer bars and good chance the hopper is on the back and not what you see on the side because it’s reported to hold a full bag of pellets...unless it’s their own 5lb bags they’re coming out with  ;)
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

rdsbucks

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • "Everything rises and falls with leadership." -JM
    • I'm a leader in Dr. John Maxwell's foundation.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »

Didn’t Yoder do stick burners first, CookShack electric smokers, Campchef and Danson’s gas and charcoal, etc? I know Traeger, GMG and RecTec have the most market share, but there are a lot of pellet grills sold by manufacturers supporting multiple fuel sources. It will be interesting to see if the Weber is innovative at all and to know if they are really making it themselves.

They’re supposedly doing some spin off their flavorizer bars and good chance the hopper is on the back and not what you see on the side because it’s reported to hold a full bag of pellets...unless it’s their own 5lb bags they’re coming out with  ;)
Yoder still does stick burners...they have like 6 models.
Fast Eddy's Cookshack PG 500 Pit Barrel Cooker Traeger Tailgater

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »

That mockup was so bad, I had serious doubts that the 'leak' was real...

However, today on the Weber Grills facebook page ( official Weber page as far as I  know), this was posted...

I have to admit , I'm curious if they will do anything 'unique' in their offering, or if it's repeats of stuff that's already done in the pellet market.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:24:17 PM by LowSlowJoe »
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Ross77

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 08:52:51 PM »

Posted to a Weber Kettle fan site:

"I saw it at a trade show 2 weeks ago. Had to go to a secret room and surrender my cell phone. The major differences between it and the Ironwood are the weber is shiny, uses flavorizer bars like its gas grills and has an uphill feed for pellets. The hopper is long and skinny on the back of the grill. The thermostat is almost the same. It also has a clean put feature on the firebox like their gas grills where the grease falls to a drip pan and the ashes fall to the side. I will keep my Ironwood. The Weber will retail for about 100 less than comparable Traeger. There are 2 sizes coming. They should be shipping to retailers by April. Temp range is 200-600 according to Weber. I think the Traeger will smoke better as 200 is a little bit high for my taste. They also have a super smoke function but call it something different."
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up