Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I Love This Site  (Read 638 times)

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Why I Love This Site
« on: December 23, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »

It is the time of year when we are cooking special things and it is so pleasing to look over all the good ideas and presentations in this section. Why I love this site!  Thank you all so much for sharing what you are doing.

Alan
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

RWhyman

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Why I Love This Site
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 07:20:36 PM »

+1

I really like getting ideas from others on the site.
Blaz'n Grand Slam, Yoder 640, 36" Blackstone Griddle, RecTec 340 & 22" Blackstone Griddle in the 5th Wheel

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 08:04:25 PM »

I’ve cooked many successful meals that I found on this site. But most importantly, this site inspired me to buy my first pellet grill. 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:48:50 PM »

I agree, ZZC.  The posts I like the most are the ones with enough information to allow me to try to duplicate the results.  The other posts that are a photograph or two and text the equates to "Look at what I cooked" don't interest me much, save for adding an idea.

Actually, they seem narcissistic, so I just scan them.  But, I know they're popular on other web sites and with a lot of people here.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 04:44:54 AM »

It is the time of year when we are cooking special things and it is so pleasing to look over all the good ideas and presentations in this section. Why I love this site!  Thank you all so much for sharing what you are doing.

Alan
Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 08:51:44 AM »

I most definitely agree. It's a down home kind of place that is not only informative, but has a relaxing atmosphere.

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »

The other posts that are a photograph or two and text the equates to "Look at what I cooked" don't interest me much, save for adding an idea.

Actually, they seem narcissistic, so I just scan them.  But, I know they're popular on other web sites and with a lot of people here.
Friendly disagreement with this sentiment.  Post away!  Post a picture, post whatever you want.  Content is king.  If a narcissistic post is made you have two decisions:  ignore, or say cool picture, can you give me the specifics on how you got to this step?   

This isn't exactly Instagram or pintrest.  I sincerely doubt we have any/many narcissists here.  Even the proud picture post isn't boasting among this crowd. 

:2cents:

Peace and Merry Christmas. 
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2024 Napoleon Phantom 500 Prestige

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 11:40:22 PM »

Adult view, dk117.  Post away, everybody.  But I'll just scan those, "Look at what I cooked" posts.  I occasionally ask for the recipe, and I occasionally get it.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: [1]   Go Up