Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pizza - Something New  (Read 446 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Pizza - Something New
« on: September 26, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »

New to me that is... We have an all organic pizza person with a monster custom made mobile oven that is present at several outdoor events. We get a pizza from her weekly during our market visit.

There is usually a choice of two or three pizzas. Lately we have had one with pepperony, chese, tomato sauce and pesto. A sourdough crust is used exclusively.

The "NEW" was an ever so small trail of honey laced back and forth over the toppings. Not much at all, just enough to taste.

The organic wood oven is always super hot so the pies are done in a couple of minutes. The extreme  heat not only works its magic on the pizza but does something special to the honey.

I am going to try adding honey to my pizzas once I start making them again just to see what it will do for me.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Pizza - Something New
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »

Organic wood oven?  Meaning she is not using electricity or gas (which to me would be organic).   Or was this just an over all expression regarding a person that uses "organic" ingredients in their cooking?  Or are we talking about the composition of the oven?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »

Organic wood oven?  Meaning she is not using electricity or gas (which to me would be organic).   Or was this just an over all expression regarding a person that uses "organic" ingredients in their cooking?  Or are we talking about the composition of the oven?
I was thinking Organic Wood.  :)
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 05:14:17 PM »

I thought it meant that it's an all organic person.

(Just adding another jerk to the chain.)
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »

Please let me define: Every ingredient that makes up the pie are organic. The dusting flour is organic.

The copper covered custom made oven with its thick walls is rather unique. Between it and the trailer is a  Rotec bearing so the oven can be very easily rotated to take advantage of the wind. Facing the wind for

a rip roaring fire(start-up), then rotated leeward for the cook. A marvel feature.

Yes, the wood - It's organic. I had suggested a source of apple wood at one time. The immediate answer was, were the trees ever sprayed? As I didn't know I said so. The response was if they were sprayed, I

can't use the wood, we are 100% organic.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »

The spray stays in the wood forever? I don't know and not being sarcastic just curious. I would think if it did I wouldn't need to spray ever again, we used to spray apple trees growing up every year. Not sure why as the apples still got worm in them almost every year.

we went to a fire company food truck event last weekend and they had a wood fired pizza trailer. it was very good. Had a sausage trailer to but the line was to long for me.

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:19 PM »

Chuck E Cheese installed organs in all of their restaurants. Does that make them 'organic' as well ?

MysticRhythms

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 11:17:12 PM »

Chuck E Cheese installed organs in all of their restaurants. Does that make them 'organic' as well ?
Excellent!
Don't ask me, I'm just improvising. 
PG500
Pages: [1]   Go Up