Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bacon Wrapped Porkloin  (Read 890 times)

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Bacon Wrapped Porkloin
« on: October 09, 2020, 10:36:37 PM »

Cooked this on my Davy Crockett tonight.  Came out wonderful.  Wife loves pork.

GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Bacon Wrapped Porkloin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 05:32:03 AM »

Very nice, did the bacon help with keeping some moisture in it?
Sometimes we struggle with that.

urnmor

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:42:00 AM »

Looks great

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »

Something that looks that good has to be mouth watering.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:32:10 AM »

Looks great...
How can you go wrong, pork on pork...
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 02:40:19 PM »

Very nice looking cook.  Can almost taste it through the monitor.  Did you tie with string length wise to keep the bacon on?

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 02:45:18 PM »

What a great way to cook a tenderloin. Did the bacon turn out crisp? Could you provide some of the details of the preparation/cook?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 03:41:09 PM by hughver »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 03:13:27 PM »

Did you wrap the bacon on your own or was it one of the one's from Sam's Club?  I ask because I have made a few from Sam's Club with the bacon already wrapped that I have enjoyed.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/pork-loin-filet-member-s-mark/prod21263026?xid=plp_product_1_6
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 04:45:57 PM »

What a great way to cook a tenderloin. Did the bacon turn out crisp? Could you provide some of the details of the preparation/cook?

+1!

I'd love to see the details in the Recipe section.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

just4fn

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 10:54:05 PM »

I started with a pork loin from QFC.  I had extra thick bacon at home so that is what I used.  I tied it one time length wise to hold the ends and 4 times around the middle.  When I do it again,  I think thin bacon would be better because it didn't crisp up at all.  I basted it with Yoshida teriyaki sauce reduced with orange marmalade. and brown sugar. I cooked it at 325 and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. I pulled it at 130 internal temp. It came out great.
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 12:26:05 AM »

Thanks for the details. I will try to duplicate in the near future using thin bacon and pulling at an IT closer to 140°. I think that the 325° pit temperature should be perfect to crisp up the thin bacon.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

just4fn

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 09:00:33 AM »

Thanks for the details. I will try to duplicate in the near future using thin bacon and pulling at an IT closer to 140°. I think that the 325° pit temperature should be perfect to crisp up the thin bacon.

Let us know how it turns out! Other recipe's call  for searing the loin before wrapping in bacon.  I will do that next time also but I don't know if it will make that much of a difference.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:05:04 AM by just4fn »

urnmor

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 09:17:24 AM »

I started with a pork loin from QFC.  I had extra thick bacon at home so that is what I used.  I tied it one time length wise to hold the ends and 4 times around the middle.  When I do it again,  I think thin bacon would be better because it didn't crisp up at all.  I basted it with Yoshida teriyaki sauce reduced with orange marmalade. and brown sugar. I cooked it at 325 and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. I pulled it at 130 internal temp. It came out great.

Have you thought about cooking the bacon partially way through and then wrap the loin with the bacon.

just4fn

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 10:21:18 AM »

Have you thought about cooking the bacon partially way through and then wrap the loin with the bacon.

Yes I did but I think using thin bacon might do the trick. The thick bacon wasn't bad it just wasn't crispy at all.  It could have been because of the moisture from the loin.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 03:10:30 PM »

For me, 350° is the sweet spot for cooking bacon alone on a pellet pit.  I'd be tempted to try that on the bacon wrapped pork loin.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up