Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devastating Hurricanes  (Read 481 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Devastating Hurricanes
« on: October 08, 2024, 05:17:26 PM »

I am on a few golf cart tech sites and anyone can tell you that the communities that are in the path of this current storm as well as those trying to put their lives back together from the devastation from 2 weeks ago are in BIG cart communities. This isn’t about golf carts to be clear, I only mentioned that because of the friendships I have been blessed to make as a result.
This is awful, un-Godly awful and I have heard it from the “proverbial horses mouth”, many times including moments ago.
PLEASE fellow Pellet fans, stay safe, heed warnings, help others and pray like your, or someone else’s life depends on it.
Stay safe……..

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Devastating Hurricanes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 09:32:29 PM »

Yes.  I had no idea that Hurricanes could form in the western part of the Gulf and travel East!  Maybe it has happened many times in my life time, but this is the 1st I have every noticed it!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2024, 11:04:58 AM »

I hope we all take it as a reminder to check our disaster preparedness and make sure we have the supplies and materials to weather a significant disaster.  We often think it won't happen to us, but Helene has sure proved a lot of folks wrong on that point.

urnmor

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2024, 02:36:11 PM »

Over the years my children and my wife have often chided me for keeping a well stocked pantry.  IMO one can live in the same clothes for A very long time However the same cannot be said for food and wate and other essentials. Like Kristian said be prepared. Remembervan ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

And all in the path of this storm please be safe Our prayers are with you

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2024, 12:01:05 PM »

Over the years my children and my wife have often chided me for keeping a well stocked pantry.  IMO one can live in the same clothes for A very long time However the same cannot be said for food and wate and other essentials. Like Kristian said be prepared. Rememberv an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

And all in the path of this storm please be safe Our prayers are with you

You are quite right i" it is better to have back up and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up