Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you All for 2017!  (Read 2762 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Thank you All for 2017!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »

I have thought on it, and not to sound flippant, but much like most of my life, I have no goals for the site!  I quit approving Members just cuz they sign up.  We have about 10 a day, and I have approved maybe 10 new Members in the last 6 months.  You have to take some initiative and send me an email asking why you have not been approved.  Those emails are far and few between, and that is fine with me.  The person that is wondering why they were not approved and will take that next step to get approved, that's the kind of Member who I want on the site.

When we 1st started this site, I tried to mold it after the only other site I was really active on, Pelletheads, and that did not seem to go over well.   We will remain small, and I think I will like it that way more.  I am trying not to morph into "Joe Average BBQ Site" and keep the emphasis on wood pellets, but I also realize that 90% of my cooking over the course of a year is done in my kitchen.

The level of involvement has become much like Pelletheads, a core of people that post regularly, which I enjoy, but the majority not participating, not what I had hoped, but reality.  I enjoy coming on the site and seeing what my friends are doing, and I do consider you all my friends, even though I have not met most of you and that probably will never happen.  I am a very opinionated, at times very self-centered and arrogant person, and for the most part folks accept me for that and are gracious enough to work through it.

So, what happens in 2019 happens, and if I look at the bank account in August and I can afford to renew every thing, we will do it again in 2020!  I appreciate no end the folks that keep this site going with content!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 11:59:53 PM »

I am glad I broke the code. I figured you were out for Christmas and I did not want to bother you.

The trick was finding an email address, because I could not find a way to follow-up on the site without an approved account.

Maybe if it would stop raining here in Southern California I can get a chance to cook something and share.

I have managed a few BBQ salmon and lamb chop nights on my gas Weber Q2200 between rainstorms but I don't want to clog the pellet cooker.

I just got it and am still learning the ins and outs. So far, so good.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:40:04 AM by Hank D Thoreau »

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 05:45:53 AM »

Welcome aboard Hank!
Al
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

MysticRhythms

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »

and if I look at the bank account in August and I can afford to renew every thing, we will do it again in 2020!

When August rolls around let us know, there are many people here who would be happy to pitch in.
Don't ask me, I'm just improvising. 
PG500

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »

and if I look at the bank account in August and I can afford to renew every thing, we will do it again in 2020!

When August rolls around let us know, there are many people here who would be happy to pitch in.

I would do 100%, but that would make others feel slighted. A pittance on my part would be enough for others to feel welcome to join in.

Can we start a new thread in the matter? This one's gone off the rails.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 01:41:42 PM »

Nice offers, and if the funds that come in from the sales on the ThermoWorks products come up short, and Members want to make up the difference, will be happy to have the help.  We will see where we are in July!

Bobitis, not sure, what thread you want to start?  As far as a giving thread?  If you don't mind will see where we are in a few months!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up