Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 31 Dec 2017
  • I want to thank the Members of this site that contribute to it!  You have helped get us off the ground.  I really don't want to get to the size of Pelletheads, it lost its feel for me a few years ago.  But I do need folks to contribute, and I say thank you again to those that do!  You simply keep the site going!

Lets see what 2018 brings us!
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Dec 2017
  • Not a bad almost 5 months since you opened for business.

Do you have a vision for what you would like this site to accomplish in 2018?

Congrats on a great effort to date!
  • #3 by TechMOGogy on 31 Dec 2017
  • Cheers and Happy New Year to all
    Here’s to a great 2018!!
  • #4 by yorkdude on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you and Happy New Year, the site is something to be proud of.
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Jan 2018
  • I would like to add my thanks for the great content and contributions. I also appreciate that virtually everyone is respecting the rules of the site on language and links and not promoting various items.  It makes monitoring things so much easier. 

I am very surprised at the growth.  I thought we might have 50 people by this time.  I realize that PH going down contributed a lot to the growth, but I still don't know where those 641 folks who are current members came from!!!  And it is hard to imagine that there are many more out there who want to join, so we shall see what 2018 brings.

For 2018 I hope to see:

1.  More members reviews of accessories and tools that you like and use.  We already have a couple of really excellent contributions, but I would think that there are a lot of products that members use and would like to share a thoughtful opinion about -- positive and negative -- with the rest of us.Maybe something Santa brought?

2.  Some member reviews of sauces, rubs and marinades.  We don't have any yet which has surprised me.  I see tons of great cooks, would love to know if any of you are using commercial products in those cooks and what you think about them.  Winter is upon us, might have time to sit down and do same sampling and tasting and writing!

3.  Hope that the American Royal is scheduled on a decent weekend and that we can get a PF team together.  If so, hope other PFs might come out for some food and fellowship.  It would also allow for some PF testing of different things which I like to do.

4.  I hope that maybe PFs in different parts of the country might get together for a social day -- either a bbq crawl or just a meet and greet at a park or restaurant.  Bent and I are going to be tailgating at the Fresno State- U of Minn game on Sept 8 and know some PFs are going to be there.  Hope even more might be able to make the trip.

5.  I look forward to seeing posts in the competition section.  The season was basically over when the site was up and running.  We don't compete that much anymore, but I enjoy ready and seeing pics of what others do.

Thanks again to all of you for the support, the great recipes, the wonderful photos and the tremendous content.  You have all made this a site to be proud of!!!!
  • #6 by ZCZ on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thanks so much for starting this site!  It is good be back with all the old friends.
    Looking forward to your visit to MN in Sept.  There are quite a few of us up here in MN/WI/IA who could come out.

Z
  • #7 by Jcorwin818 on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you Bentley and Kristin for a great job opening this site and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.
  • #8 by TravlinMan on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you Bentley and Kristin for a great job opening this site and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

And again..+1

• #9 by GREG-B on 01 Jan 2018
  • +2 :clap: :clap:
  • #10 by Michael_NW on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you Bentley and Kristin for your work toward making this forum a place where everyone can be welcome. Thank you fellow members for contributing to this atmosphere of inclusivity (not really sure that's a word) and for sharing your knowledge.
  • #11 by Darwin on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you Kristin and Bentley. It's been a fun start.   :clap:
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Jan 2018
  • Kristin, thanks for the post about what you would like to see on this site in 2018, and giving us users some direction for the site.  I have tons of sauces, rubs, marinades, etc in the fridge or pantry.  I need to put some reviews together in 2018.  Will plan on a review of my dehydrator at some point too.

Lotsa folks on here got BBQ equipment for the holidays too and could possibly check with you and Bentley about submitting a review.

I find it easier to use feedback of people here who you have experience of seeing there cooks, methods, tools, etc when making a buying decision on something than just reviews on Amazon or wherever I may look to buy something from.
  • #13 by MP09 on 01 Jan 2018
  • Thank you Bentley and Kristin for starting PelletFan for all of us to enjoy. Thanks to all who have contributed great info to share. Happy New Years to all and may 2018 be a great year to all!
  • #14 by mattcotool on 01 Jan 2018
  • I want to thank you all! I am new pellet fan, still shopping for my first pellet grill.
    The welcome I have received has been outstanding. I hope to be a major contributor in 2018!
  • #15 by Bentley on 01 Jan 2018
  • I guess I don't know what I expect in 2018...I had hope to do some of the things we used to do on Pelletheads, but there does not seem to be the interest from Manufactures.  Maybe I am wanting to much to fast.  Blaz'n Grill Works has said they will send a unit to be Performance Tested, so this was good news.  May wait till March for that, as I do like to give Manufactures a fair shake.  And there will be plenty of cool nights to show how it performs in cold climates.

Pelletheads was almost 3 years old before I started the 1st Performance Testing, I cant remember where we were with the daily page views, probably close to this site maybe a little higher.  I guess I am conflicted on growth, to me, as I have said a few other times...Plelletheads had gotten large enough to have lost some of its feel for me.  I would prefer that not happen on this site.  I don't believe we are ever going to be the size of a Virtual Bullet or a BBQ Brethren, but I also know I don't want to be that big.  I guess I enjoy being able to stay in contact with friends I have made over the last 11 years on Pelletheads and now this site.  I guess I am afraid that if it stays small it may die, but that is a risk I am willing to take.  Like I said, I like seeing my friends cooks, hearing about their lives and families and just enjoying their company...And I don't need 10,000 Members to do that!

Oh, and thanks to the support of Members on this site, we are 1/3 the way to funding this site for a 3 year renewal in August with HostGator from the monies we have made with the ThermoWorks...So it really is you alls site too!
Pages:
Actions