Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Probably one of the best all in one options I've seen  (Read 2007 times)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Probably one of the best all in one options I've seen
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »

I'd not heard of an Argentinian grill so I looked it up.  It looks like what I've been calling a Santa Maria grill for a few years.  Is it the same?

I've been kinda' yearning for one.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 01:52:00 PM »

I have been drooling over a AZ  Scottsdale for years.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »

I'd not heard of an Argentinian grill so I looked it up.  It looks like what I've been calling a Santa Maria grill for a few years.  Is it the same?

I've been kinda' yearning for one.

I think many would probably use the term interchangeably, but there are a couple differences that I prefer on the Argentinian type.

The grates are typically "v" channel type versus either expanded metal or rod. The channel funnels most of the grease down to a trough. This reduces flare ups, and also sometimes the collected fat is used to baste the meat.

Also, the grates are angled to coax the fat down to the trough. The Santa Maria grates typically sit parallel to the grill body.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 02:18:30 PM »

Thanks.

I saw an ad for what I thought was a Santa Maria with the channel grates.  At the time I thought that it was unique and probably the one I would prefer.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »

There's not much I understand about this after watching the video. It's vastly more complicated than my lowly Jr.  ::)

Yep, I will stick with my Jr. also.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

TechMOGogy

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Ontario, Canada
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »

There is a lot going on with that grill but I have been looking for a wood burning Argentinian style for a year plus now.
Will be looking into this brand as I like the pellet option (I could do without the giant firebox hanging off the right side - Pellet hopper looks more integrated!)
Thanks for posting!
Edit:
Just back from a visit to the website.
This looks like a really well thought out wood/charcoal regular/argentinian grill and a pellet smoker too!
The right firebox is optional and you can upgrade items to SS for reasonable costs.
Seriously looking into this
Anyone want to buy a restored Yoder YS640 Comp?  ;D

I have many times thought about selling all my smokers, and getting an AZ multi use unit. The thought of selling them off for what I can get for them though holds me back. There's always one that won't move, and then I'm stuck.

I've been on the lookout for a decent Argentinian grill as well. Really holding out hoping to put one indoors though. I think I'd get much more use indoors. Love to have something similar to the pic below, but more likely would have to just build it in to a more traditional fireplace in our living room.

http://www.grillworksusa.com

This was the brand I was looking at but just could never pay their prices :)
GMG DC, FEC100, PK360

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 04:13:51 PM »

That’s a pretty impresssive pit, J.
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »

The floating grill is a nice feature!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 07:25:19 PM »

Given the amount of metal in that thing, I can't imagine how a pellet pot on the left side create enough heat to cook anything of size. Maybe if it was 110* in the shade?
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 08:49:20 PM »

Given the amount of metal in that thing, I can't imagine how a pellet pot on the left side create enough heat to cook anything of size. Maybe if it was 110* in the shade?

I have no proof, but I would imagine they did some temp testing before they put it on the market.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »

There is a lot going on with that grill but I have been looking for a wood burning Argentinian style for a year plus now.
Will be looking into this brand as I like the pellet option (I could do without the giant firebox hanging off the right side - Pellet hopper looks more integrated!)
Thanks for posting!
Edit:
Just back from a visit to the website.
This looks like a really well thought out wood/charcoal regular/argentinian grill and a pellet smoker too!
The right firebox is optional and you can upgrade items to SS for reasonable costs.
Seriously looking into this
Anyone want to buy a restored Yoder YS640 Comp?  ;D

I have many times thought about selling all my smokers, and getting an AZ multi use unit. The thought of selling them off for what I can get for them though holds me back. There's always one that won't move, and then I'm stuck.

I've been on the lookout for a decent Argentinian grill as well. Really holding out hoping to put one indoors though. I think I'd get much more use indoors. Love to have something similar to the pic below, but more likely would have to just build it in to a more traditional fireplace in our living room.

http://www.grillworksusa.com

This was the brand I was looking at but just could never pay their prices :)

They used to have fireplace inserts listed on their site for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500. Not cheap, but not outrageous. You need to get one just to burn all your raptors gear. Bunch of dogs in the playoffs every year.

TechMOGogy

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Ontario, Canada
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 11:55:35 AM »

Yup - Raptors have let us down...again.. but will save the burning until after tonight - just in case :)
GMG DC, FEC100, PK360
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up