Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2018
  • Cooked it for one hour and it was at 145° when I pulled it.  No searing as my grill is a mess and would have certainly been a grease fire.  I am OK without the sear as I have been cooking steaks this way for last few years although not for everybody.  It is almost set and forget for me at that temp which is what I like about it.

• #2 by pmillen on 05 Jun 2018
  • ZCZ has been tempting me with photos of those Memphis unseared steaks and now you're adding to it with that beauty.  I may have to quit reading your posts.   :)
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2018
  • ZCZ has been tempting me with photos of those Memphis unseared steaks and now you're adding to it with that beauty.  I may have to quit reading your posts.   :)

Tempted to buy a Memphis or to cook a steak for a longer period of time at a low temp?
  • #4 by Bentley on 05 Jun 2018
  • I flip back and forth on it...but it is no doubt a great way to cook a steak!
  • #5 by ZCZ on 06 Jun 2018
  • That looks excellent Lew.  I would bet more flavor infused into the meat that way than my usual sear at 550/600.  I will definitely have to try it.

Z
  • #6 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Doing 7 NY Strips today for company and using your method Lew. Should be fun!  Will post pix. Stay tuned.
    Z
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jun 2018
  • Doing 7 NY Strips today for company and using your method Lew. Should be fun!  Will post pix. Stay tuned.
    Z

Looking forward to your thoughts on the flavor.
  • #8 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Warming up in the bullpen

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 16 Jun 2018
  • Gonna be some good eatin there Z.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Lightly rubbed with olive oil then sprinkled with garlic pepper and salt.
    On the grill at 11:45 with grill at 275.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #11 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Doing asparagus with the steak. Usually put them on the last 5 minutes when doing steaks at 600.
    Will take a guess and put them on with about 10-15 minutes to go.
  • #12 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Flipped at half hour mark. Internal was 118.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #13 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Portabella shrooms

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Asparagus on the top deck

• #15 by hughver on 16 Jun 2018
  • Looking good!!
Pages:
Actions