Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

How did you hear about PelletFan

Google search
From another forum
Private message
Other (explain)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you hear about PelletFan  (Read 7919 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: How did you hear about PelletFan
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  Did you all help build the Great Pyramid?

The reason I wanted the page views for 1/1/2010 was to compare how may eyes Pelletheads had for the 1st Performance Test and what Pellet Fan has now?

So, I cant get exact numbers, but I can get close with this! Pelletheads had 180,130 in January of 2010, that works out to about 5800 page views/day.  Pellet Fan is at appx 155K for 28 day or 5500/day. 

I was afraid that Manufactures that sent Pits in for Performance Testing might get the short end of the stick this early...but I feel much betta now!

Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

I've had the Wayback Machine as a permanent link for years. Really comes in handy sometimes.  ;D

It is one of the reasons I laugh when I read about politicians wanting to censor the internet. Good luck with that.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  Did you all help build the Great Pyramid?

The reason I wanted the page views for 1/1/2010 was to compare how may eyes Pelletheads had for the 1st Performance Test and what Pellet Fan has now?

So, I cant get exact numbers, but I can get close with this! Pelletheads had 180,130 in January of 2010, that works out to about 5800 page views/day.  Pellet Fan is at appx 155K for 28 day or 5500/day. 

I was afraid that Manufactures that sent Pits in for Performance Testing might get the short end of the stick this early...but I feel much betta now!

Bentley, Bentley, Bentley... All this time I thought we were of the same age bracket.

Did you not grow up watching Rocky and Bullwinkle? Remember Peabody and Sherman? In many an episode, Professor Peabody (the pooch) and his boy Sherman, would invoke the use of the WABAC Machine to travel back in time to witness famous historical events.

WABAC: Wavelength Acceleration Bidirectional Asynchronous Controller.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »

Yeah and how do you think Chris_M was able to help build the Pyramids...  his nane is probably really  Sherman.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »

I did grow up watching Rocky and Bullwinkle & I do remember Peabody and Sherman...I remember the time travel...The machine, I do not!  To be honest with you, I was more of a Boris fan!  His last name just cracked me up!

smokindad

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »

I was googling what happened to PH and this site came up.  I immediately recognized all the handles and signed up. :clap:

+1

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »

Yeah, I would venture to guess that we are not even a blip on any search engine.  Larry paid for that stuff I think...That just aint gonna happen here!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:55:29 PM by Bentley »

MN-Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »

Searched twitter and saw a post.
Firecraft Q-450 Broilmaster Superb Gasser

bobsbbq

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »

Billy merrill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingrude1

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 12:09:27 AM »

I remembered that Bentley had said that he had intentions on starting another site. Did several searches looking for it, was starting to think it didn't happen until I did a search one day on pelletheads being down and got a hit from where someone was asking the question on another site, went there and found where someone responded by telling about this site. Glad I found it and everything is looking great!!!!
Pellet Pro, Blazn Gridiron, Louisiana Superhog, GMG Davy Crockett

ScottE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »

Yeah, I would venture to guess that we are not even a blip on any search engine.  Larry paid for that stuff I think...That just aint gonna happen here!

Give it time. It takes a long time, though incoming links help. Do a daily post on the twitter that includes a link to some interesting post here (not just the pelletfan twitter, but if others here do that social media stuff, help drive traffic). If you (anyone reading) have a personal blog or whatever, toss up a quick post to help people find pelletfan.com. I did this for my own dumb blog.
RecTeq RT-1250. Formerly: CampChef SmokePro XT (w/ Savannah Stoker), Louisiana Grills CS450, Traeger 070.

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
How did you hear about PelletFan
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 12:03:04 PM »

I have been so bummed with PH down...was on BBQ Brethren yesterday and saw a post about PH being down. Somebody in the thread mentioned PF, and here I am :)

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »

Not sure what 'blip' on the radar means, but when I google 'pelletfan', it comes right up near the top. I've no idea if that's because I google it repeatedly and google tracks my personal searches vs the conglomerate of searches by the masses at large.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »

Google pellet forums and we wont come up, but that is fine with me. 

I do not know how to say this without sounding like a Wanker, so I will just say it!  I did not want this site to be just another Pelletheads.com.  I guess I had hoped for the more "seasoned" pellet fan...We welcome everyone, but growth is the least of my concerns right now!

fryfour

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »

found it looking for what happened  to other site.. glad i found this site.. i dont post much, but read new posts at least twice a day... thanks bentley.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up