Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drip Coffee Maker Dilemma  (Read 1881 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Drip Coffee Maker Dilemma
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 09:02:58 PM »

Best drip we have ever used:  Hamilton Beach "Brew Station"  Cheap, easy to use, and reliable. No carafe.  You just push your cup up against a little pressure bar and coffee comes out until you pull away. You can take coffee out as it is still brewing when you know there is enough to  fill the cup. 12 cup capacity, and easy to fill and clean.  Requires a paper filter for best results.  That's it.   See below;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Beach-Brewstation-Summit-Ultra-12-Cup-Coffee-Maker-48465/133344384386?epid=87753833&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item1f0bf1d582:g:muEAAAzyLv1Stz97&enc=AQAEAAACYBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qUMMvb6%2BdSkF%2FAeEdXfg4L%2FpNxUwBEoOpL6pk2YnQtNq8ldAaaMrEcnRRaUMUsM%2F5OG13F0ZqLkGA9R91vW3I%2F%2B42I0EjDHEQjLzd%2FrLYfw0Bhc7As1vKt77jLlZwc3pcN0CZrdUxoL%2B3LIG6cGHp2fwE8Fcg8FXmc79aMGl2GHxQymEUz%2Fzl1DBWau3HjxCfinnn0cu5iwOm5yDKHJSn9R%2BD980CNUrYRCma4dnDyuBUlNXsysiRq3MPnzqi6R3Rc3K5Xk%2FhGKPP%2Fy%2BJJoaYH2GtWfPkXyfsoyAFUb27LtoAKY5Tv9RW6AJNTXUTaMlOHHp%2B4J9pi52QX8VxGI%2FsVPdkSRxvaYd1dD24jUeB2x%2Bvz%2FRQg1jhSU0bVuJHq0vqW4b1NuNzJnX53SSMNzSX4UwupqgwYobJP5MBsv%2FvEQBUPyfgoiKfNyCz7vi%2BbrMf1%2FrQb8QF8qKslN6JARFyGofPMyHBD%2B45zbltvUnQ2LO1TBTJA8AtYiCDiAQBqZwb9ItptL6D2Hbn6EcIVNDqukfAIHL9oJvV5nZ0es6ZHU4lrbU39RRVJsDH9TvcfN%2B79Q83MpUdjvgjOvIdwXxx6YAVon7Ttc9zL%2B%2Br8dBPrcuWwJHIiCAiy6XHmGKkptA0XPZseCMzMktpriQyh4USno77ZTXpes9tA5RtWZ1955VYgHSIcw3bpjtNE%2FM5zePBn9R7RreiWDCIGN%2FpFuy7zSllzTfDFlhMkgNxsQvDDKvb3dzdvsnOiSHgdcnhxBYBv0yr%2FNuCsdEIG5o656Ewib&checksum=133344384386015cf390edc34a31bf7d84a489b19fe6

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:07:29 PM by okie smokie »

Bennett

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 09:51:22 PM »

The moccamaster has two different lids for the carafe. One is for brewing and keeps the coffee hot for about 1.5 hours. If you put the solid lid it would stay hotter for longer. I’m sure there are fairly accurate reviews and tests online for that. If you pour the pitcher too d
Fast it can spill outside the rim of the mug. Not a big deal once you learn how to do it. There are a few versions that might be different. I am not a coffee enthusiast but I think it makes good coffee and I like that it is hand made in The Netherlands.

okie smokie

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 01:06:50 PM »

I like that it is hand made in The Netherlands.
[/quote]
Why is that? I'll bet the Dutch are not doing their own production.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »

They sure are (doing their own production). LOTS of videos on Technivorm/Moccamaster. I believe their copper boilers are outsourced. The history of the company is most interesting. See below. That is just a sampling of what's out there.

https://technivorm.com/

okie smokie

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »

They sure are (doing their own production). LOTS of videos on Technivorm/Moccamaster. I believe their copper boilers are outsourced. The history of the company is most interesting. See below. That is just a sampling of what's out there.

https://technivorm.com/
Thanks, I stand corrected.  good info.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 03:35:36 PM »

I researched and found only one drip coffee maker that met my expectations. The reasons were mostly; best tasting coffee, rebuildable- all parts available, simple on/off switch - no clock or timer - just a solid

simple machine with a great reputation. Cost however was a deterrent. Got bank manager approval (kidding). I really lucked out. The many retailers I got prices from were within $2 of each other. Went to one

dealer and for no known reason I placed the item in the cart. It was instantly - $40. I left it there without paying and the next day got an email to say I had an additional 5% discount..Went searching for

discounts from that dealer and found a 10% coupon that should work. Back to the dealer website to see if it would work. Up came a 20% discount on all items. At that point I broke down and ordered it. The

price included free shipping..So what was it? A Moccamaster KBT-741.  A 10 cup unit with a stainless thermo carafe... Costly, yes but it's a lifetime investment, or should I have said that being an old guy...

Forgot. The "cups" are european size, 4oz. That makes the 10 cups 1.2Litres. It's smaller than our present 12 C brewer. The faster brew time should help make up doing a second pot if needed. We'll see.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »

We went through several expensive, supposedly high end, coffee makers only to have issues like leaking, short life span, stopping in the middle of the cycle, etc.  Finally through run my hands in defeat.  Ended up with a very basic 12 cup Mr Coffee for $17.  Kept a nice carafe from one of the previous machine and pour coffee into it at end of cycle instead of letting it sit baking on the burner.  It’s been going over 9 months so far.  When it dies I’ll just replace it with another, only out $17 instead of $100+.

I went down the same path.  We bought a Krups and several other expensive brands years ago and they broke after two or three years.  The basic Mr Coffee rigs have almost all of the features that the expensive units do for roughly $25 not on sale.  Our first one ran for 10 years and started running slow.  We used RO water in it and flushed regularly with vinegar.  It 's our decaff unit for parties now.  Our latest one reminds you when a vinegar flush is required.  It makes good coffee and it's cheap.   

ZCZ

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 08:20:33 PM »

It seems the more money we spent on a coffee pot, the more problems they had.  We had a cheap Mr. Coffee that refused to die, but brewed so slow that it ended up at the cabin, but is still going.  We have a Cuisinart that is probably close to 10 years old with no issues.

Same here.  Bought a cheap Mr. Coffee for the cabin in 2012.  Still going strong when we sold it last year (2019).  Offered it to the new owner and he kept it.  Once in a while I would run white vinegar thru it as we had hard water.  Cuisinart at home.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Bennett

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »

That’s pretty much the same one I have and we love it.
A few things to watch out for:
1.) make sure the filter basket is nesting correctly when you start brewing. If it not sitting correctly the “pause and serve” feature will engage and the water will overflow.
2) make sure there is no old coffee in the carafe when you start the brewer or it will overflow.
3) put the water in last or it will start brewing before you have everything else ready(this isn’t a problem if you use the on/off switch, we just leave the switch on all the time)

MSOLSON

• Using less gas.
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2020, 01:29:47 PM »

Before my Kuerig coffee maker, I had good luck with Bunn coffee makers. At work we had a commercial Bunn coffee maker that brewed 10 plus carafes a day. Was still going strong after 15 plus years when I retired.
Blaz'n Grand Slam Kenmore Gasser Electric Smoker Brinkman offset smoker
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up