Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: List of Sandwiches - The Sandwich Pic Thread?  (Read 81355 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: List of Sandwiches - The Sandwich Pic Thread?
« Reply #435 on: November 23, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »

The Jersey Mike's stores in my area have really been struggling. I believe with labor shortages, new employees have been hired in and their way of doing business does not seem to do well with inexperienced workers.

The fact that they cut the meat to order has caused our local stores to be PAINFULLY slow. They have online orders stacked up on top of in store customers and are seemingly stuck in 1st gear. No sense of urgency whatsoever.

Last time I was there they were offering refunds to people that had been waiting for over 30 minutes past their pickup times. I waited in line for 20 minutes without them taking anyones order in front of me.

I left that store and headed to another that was close to where we were headed. That one was slightly better, but we still waited about 20 minutes to get food. There was only one person on the grill and slicing because the other 2 workers weren't old enough to use the slicer.

I hope they get it figured out. It's my favorite sandwich shop, but if I can sit down at a restaurant and eat in the same amount of time that it takes to get a sub, I won't be going there very often.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #436 on: November 23, 2021, 05:16:26 PM »

I think plenty of restaurants have the same issue.  I placed an order on the Wendy's app to pick something up last week while I was in the area picking up a prescription.  I ordered for dining room pickup.  I got there and the doors were locked.  There was a note on the door that they were shorthanded.  I had to go through the drive through to pickup my order.

It makes it worse when these companies are so big that the local store probably has little control over how the app is used for their stores or not enough time to change their status based on real world conditions at store level.

I've been ordering Jersey Mike's on Saturdays for free home delivery so I don't really care how long it takes to arrive.  Unfortunately, I think that promo ended this weekend.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2021, 04:52:11 PM »

I had an Italian hoagie from Aiello's Pizza today too.  It was pretty good, but was toasted.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2021, 04:56:26 PM »

Looks good, however I'm not a lettuce fan on sandwiches, except a BLT.  I'll tolerate it there.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »

Boy Howdy, I would eat that!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2021, 02:48:25 PM »

Finishing up the last of our turkey (not counting what we froze).
Not quite a Club Sandwich...   Turkey, Bacon, Green Chili, American Swiss cheese, Tiny bit of yellow mustard, and mayo, on the Sourdough bread we made yesterday.

Was very tasty.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:03:47 PM by 02ebz06 »
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2021, 02:50:00 PM »

Pretty close, as Agent 86 used to say..."Missed it by that much..."

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #442 on: December 01, 2021, 04:44:31 PM »

I had an Italian hoagie from Aiello's Pizza today too.  It was pretty good, but was toasted.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

That looks pretty good to me. Several local pizza shops have something similar around here. In my area most people call them grinders. Not sure how widespread that term is, but it's the norm around here.

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »

Ya'll killin me with these sandwiches!   Now I'm cravin a roast beef po'boy.      :lick:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2021, 09:17:33 PM »

FMT, I have heard the term grinder before.  I would say these in Pittsburgh are similar to that term.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2021, 10:23:41 AM »

I've always wondered, it these all the same:  Grinder, Hoagie, Sub, Po'boy
Or, does what goes in them define them ?

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2021, 11:11:57 AM »

I've always wondered, it these all the same:  Grinder, Hoagie, Sub, Po'boy
Or, does what goes in them define them ?

This is how I would differentiate them, but it's probably different for everyone.

Grinder: served hot
Sub: served cold
Po boy: specific bread, toppings, and condiments.

I don't really see the term hoagie around here much.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2021, 12:24:17 PM »

I lived so close to school that I came home for lunch most of the time, but I remember them having Grinders on the menu, never considered them hot, but never really had one, so they could have been.  Subs always seems like a national thing, but maybe I am wrong.  Hoagie I never really heard about till much later in life.  Po boy also much later as I started to travel, if it was a National thing, I was never was exposed to it. 

Sub, Grinder, and Hoagie I always just associated with deli/cold cuts.  The Po boy used so many different meats and seafoods it was in a category all to itself.  Then you start throwing in meatball, Italian Beef, Cheese steak and I have no idea where they fall in the spectrum.

Don't get me started on the Hero...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 12:27:51 PM by Bentley »

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2021, 12:34:09 PM »

Decided to Google it.  A few more I forgot about and some I never heard of:

"It’s really as simple as that. In some places, subs have kept a regional moniker, so don’t be surprised if you hear one of these names:

Grinder: New England
    Torpedo: Northeast U.S.
    Italian sandwich: Maine
    Spuckie: Boston, MA
    Hoagie: Philadelphia, PA
    Zeppelin: Pennsylvania
    Hero: New York
    Wedge: Yonkers, NY
    Bomber: Buffalo, NY
    Blimpie: New Jersey
    Po’ Boy: New Orleans, LA

It’s all the same sandwich, so long as it’s served up on a split roll. (The legendary Dagwood counts, too.) You’ll even find some regional sandwich legends served on split rolls, like a Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia, oyster po’ boys in New Orleans, lobster rolls in Maine and Italian beef in Chicago.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter what you call ’em. Just grab a long, split roll and pile it high with meat, condiments and vegetables—and you can call it whatever you like!"

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2021, 01:45:44 PM »

Sorry whomever you are Mr. Writer...An Oyster Po boy aint even close to a Jersey Mikes #13 just because they are on the same roll!  Come on Man!

"It’s all the same sandwich, so long as it’s served up on a split roll."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45   Go Up