Pages:
Actions
  • #406 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Sep 2021
  • That looks great.  What kind of cheese did you use?
  • #407 by 02ebz06 on 16 Sep 2021
  • Looks terrific! I'll bet that would be great with corned beef.
    As much as I love sandwiches like that my waistline doesn't.
    Can only make them sparingly.
  • #408 by Bentley on 16 Sep 2021
  • American Cheese.
  • #409 by 02ebz06 on 19 Sep 2021
  • Does being on a tortilla count as a sandwich?
    Used a 6lb pork loin to make Pork Carne Guisada.  It's like a stew, and it's thick enough that you can put it on a tortilla or put it in a bowl.
  • #410 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2021
  • You pose a good question, a torta is for sure a sandwich! 

This will sound arrogant, but that has never stopped me from making a comment.  You have had to many sandwiches over the course of the weekend when you only wanna eat half of this and you wish you had not done that!

• #411 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Sep 2021
  • That looks great!  I would eat a pound of that.
  • #412 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2021
  • I see the McRib is coming back Nov 1.  40th Anniversary.  I had one like 8-10 months ago (or whenever they came out last) and said that was it forever.  I think I will try one more just to see if was really that bad!  I guarantee you the last one I had did not taste like the 1st one I had 40 years ago!

• #413 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2021
  • Haha, I tried a McRib last year too since I had not had one in about 10 years.  I thought it was horrible.
  • #414 by yorkdude on 01 Oct 2021
  • Haha, I tried a McRib last year too since I had not had one in about 10 years.  I thought it was horrible.
    Same here, I truly used to love them, last year I thought it was terrible and I wont be going back.
  • #415 by 02ebz06 on 01 Nov 2021
  • Cubano Sandwiches Saturday night.

Didn't have time to make the Cuban bread for this, so used store bought rolls, but they were nice & fresh and turned out OK.
    Sandwich made in this order:
    Bottom of roll with yellow mustard spread on it.
    2 slices of baby Swiss cheese.
    3 slices of Boars Head Black Forest Ham
    several dill pickle slices
    a mound of the shredded pork (was marinaded for 2 days before going on the Memphis)
    two more slices of Baby Swiss cheese
    top of roll with some more yellow mustard spread on it

Pic 1: Pork Butt on Memphis.
    Pic 2: Left - shredded pork, Right - Bark  (to be eaten as is. very tasty...)
    Pic 3: The sandwich

• #416 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Nov 2021
  • great looking sandwich
  • #417 by yorkdude on 01 Nov 2021
  • Yep, count me in.
  • #418 by yorkdude on 01 Nov 2021
  • Onion sour dough ham club. Not too bad.
  • #419 by W6YJ on 01 Nov 2021
  • The Goldminer brand bread is pretty good for a store bought product. Probably my favorite.
  • #420 by glitchy on 01 Nov 2021
  • A lack of hoagie buns didn’t stop me from enjoying a good grinder tonight. Italian sausage mixed with a simple homemade red sauce topped with Chicago style Giardiniera.
Pages:
Actions