Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.  (Read 27344 times)

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
Re: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2019, 01:32:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing more experiences!

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2019, 09:06:48 AM »

Thanks for sharing more experiences!
My pleasure!

Next time I try pizza, I’ll use a lower temp and probably close the flame slats.

On the bright side, the baking steel got a beautiful black patina now hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »

>Tried pizzas on the grill. Decided to use fire bricks I had laying around and build a
>little oven with a half baking sheet for a top, lined with foil thinking it would deflect heat better.

If you have one, try a baking stone on top. You really want something that will absorb and then radiate the heat back.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »

>Tried pizzas on the grill. Decided to use fire bricks I had laying around and build a
>little oven with a half baking sheet for a top, lined with foil thinking it would deflect heat better.

If you have one, try a baking stone on top. You really want something that will absorb and then radiate the heat back.
Yeah, I hear you, good point. I might try to get one down the road. The reason I bought the baking steel was because my old stone cracked (it’s now used to help level a bird bath in my backyard). I was hoping I’d get a similar effect with the baking sheet deflecting the heat from the open flame, but it was not enough to balance the heat being absorbed and radiated from the steel.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2019, 12:47:27 AM »

I'm very tempted to get this grill.  Seems like they are only selling the one without the cabinet below.  Do you have the one with or without the cabinet?  Do you think it worth spending the extra 100 or so?

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2019, 09:40:36 AM »

I'm very tempted to get this grill.  Seems like they are only selling the one without the cabinet below.  Do you have the one with or without the cabinet?  Do you think it worth spending the extra 100 or so?

I have the one with the cabinet. It's not really functional since the back is completely open, but also it gets way too hot in there to keep anything that might melt (like plastic).

The burn/combustion system takes up most of the space, too, but I can keep things like, metal grill tools, fire bricks, pans down there on the cart shelf. With the walls, they are hidden from view and if I needed to stuff more things down there I guess the walls would help contain everything. If you think of a gas grill with a cabinet, the propane tank might take up a lot of space, so this is similar in that aspect.

For aesthetics, you might want the cabinet walls, otherwise, if you're handy you could make your own cabinet walls.

The thing that's worth it to me is the side shelf. It gets used every cook. The model without the cabinet does not have the side shelf.

Again, if you're handy, I'm sure it'd be easy to rig something, even more customized.

Remember, these are very basic economical models (hence the name "Eco" I assume) that happen to be stainless steel.

I'm extremely happy with mine, what I got for the money I paid and what it produces as far as food. Seems to me that I saved a ton of money by not going with something more expensive and still have what I want the grill to do. (And I'm even thinking about getting a universal rotisserie system, just because I think it would be cool to do).

I guess if you keep that in mind, you'd be good to go.

I do have a feeling that they will continue to put out new and improved models and designs.

Let me know if you need any more info or pics.

You could also contact the owner...he's been extremely helpful and understanding with all my questions and issues I've brought up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:44:08 AM by RanrocSmoker »
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2019, 10:28:25 AM »

Hey Maynerd, I just noted today that the SNH Kansas City is listed on sale you know where, for $1695 or such.  Exterior is all 302 SS and is double walled. Might be worth a look. Haven't seen any reviews on it.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »

Hey Maynerd, I just noted today that the SNH Kansas City is listed on sale you know where, for $1695 or such.  Exterior is all 302 SS and is double walled. Might be worth a look. Haven't seen any reviews on it.
That’s actually a good price considering at one point I was thinking about paying that for a base Kuma!

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2019, 07:31:25 PM »

That’s actually a good price considering at one point I was thinking about paying that for a base Kuma!

IMO that is their best model for both size and function. Strange tho there are no reviews?  Maybe on their website?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:54:44 PM by okie smokie »

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2019, 11:26:58 PM »

Very interesting.  I do worry about these guys long term viability.  I got burned by fire firecraft 1700 would be really painful.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »

Very interesting.  I do worry about these guys long term viability.  I got burned by fire firecraft 1700 would be really painful.

I hear ya! It’s a chance you have to decide to take.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

rdsbucks

• "Everything rises and falls with leadership." -JM
    • I'm a leader in Dr. John Maxwell's foundation.
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »

I found that SNH Grill Outdoor Cooking Ctr. for $1709 on Houzz. For $14 more I'd rather have that. It's a pizza oven and smoker.
Fast Eddy's Cookshack PG 500 Pit Barrel Cooker Traeger Tailgater

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »

I found that SNH Grill Outdoor Cooking Ctr. for $1709 on Houzz. For $14 more I'd rather have that. It's a pizza oven and smoker.

Here is a thread on that one.

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=2734.0

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2019, 06:52:31 PM »

Tempting...these are getting into PG500 pricing though.  Something my wife had blocked me from in the past.  LOL

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »

Just to share an experience.  I emailed SNH support two days ago inquiring where I could buy an Eco with cabinet and it's been radio silence.  I also emailed their info email address and it bounced.

Now I see that a site is selling the KC for $1284.40 which is really tempting but I dunno…. feels like these guys are going under.  Don't want another Firecraft situation occurring again for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up