Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment section for Performance Test of Weber Searwood™ 600 Pellet Grill.  (Read 10662 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

The Heat shield is Aluminized, the diffuser is Stainless Steel, the cookbox body is cast Aluminum the hood is Porcelain Enameled as is the grease and ash catch.

Are all of those internal guts stainless steel with the exception of the auger tube cover?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck

The unit temperature display is almost spot on to your thermometer probes.  That's better than what I expect from a unit.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

It surprised me also!

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI

The unit temperature display is almost spot on to your thermometer probes.  That's better than what I expect from a unit.

I would bet that is much better most kitchen ovens.
FE PG 1000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Ace Hardware has free assembly and delivery on this pit and other grills they have for Memorial Day weekend.  I'd love to add this to my collection but I need to begin to get rid of some of my pits first.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

It can cook meatloaf!  Thats it for today!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I know this is a subjective question.  Did your meatloaf taste like it was cooked using wood?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Since the last 3 meatloaf's I had were oven cooked. For me the answer is yes.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Sorry that I have not been able to get any data in last 2 days, just other life chores.  Will get some new info up tomorrow.  I can tell you a LOT of cooking, mostly traditional BBQ is coming your way over the next few weeks.  Hoping the Good folks at Weber will let me keep it that long!

Also, if there is something about the unit a member would like to see, please post it here!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Sorry that I have not been able to get any data in last 2 days, just other life chores.  Will get some new info up tomorrow.  I can tell you a LOT of cooking, mostly traditional BBQ is coming your way over the next few weeks.  Hoping the Good folks at Weber will let me keep it that long!

Also, if there is something about the unit a member would like to see, please post it here!

I would like to see if you can review prior weber pellet grills on the site here and the issues that those members had.  I am most curious if those issues have been resolved with this newest model.  I think this may be their 3rd or 4th pellet grill since their initial launch into the pellet grill market.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I think I understand what you are asking...I will be honest with you.  At this time of year, I have so much to do around the house, I simply do not have the time to do research and PT this unit.  I know that is not what you want to hear, but I have a limited amount of time to do stuff!

I would like to see if you can review prior weber pellet grills on the site here and the issues that those members had.  I am most curious if those issues have been resolved with this newest model. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

A little data on temperature probes.  Will be cooking a Detroit style pizza tonight.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Will be cooking a Detroit style pizza tonight.

Very interested in this outcome

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

High heat photos & pizza posted.  More tomorrow!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I thought you were making your own in a metal pan. :)

We eat those frozen pizzas too.  My wife likes them and she never liked a thicker dough pizza before.  Yes, we usually cook for 25+ minutes.

Seems like less than 15 minutes to get to 600 degrees in the grill is pretty quick!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up